Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 7 day contracts

Postby The Thrill » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:22 pm

KalElen wrote:
The Thrill wrote:Wesley Matthews (PG/SG) UTAH
Vladimir Radmanovic (SF/PF) GSW

On Saturday, Dec 11, I will post whether I wish to reextend those 7 day contracts, or I will drop the players off my roster.

you can't re-extend them, you have to drop them, they have to spend 24h on the fa list (which means that nobody else can sign them during that period) and then you can sign them to 7 day contracts again

That stinks. (kidding) :-D ;-)

Thank you for mentioning that. ;-D I thought I could reextend them twice (thereby a 21 day contract). I guess I thought we talked about allowing a manager to extend the 7 day contract twice, but I'm apparently mistaken (or misunderstood what we were talking about a month or so ago).
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 252)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: What is the purpose of "one week contracts"

Postby The Thrill » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:33 pm

viewtopic.php?p=438003#p438003

Or wait. Did I understand correctly or not understand correctly? :-b RedHopeful talks about 3 7 days contracts. But kal you're suggesting I need to drop that player for 24 hours inbetween the 7 day contract term? So, it would go 7 days. Drop 1 day. 7 days. Drop 1 day. Then pickup 7 days. Then Drop.... and then what? I can't have the player anymore? I guess I'm confused. I'm not sure that makes sense. :-? I would think I could reextend twice if, we did, in fact, institure the 21 day (3, 7 day contracts) rule. I don't know. Did we institue that rule?

I'm not sure I understand the 7 day contract rule still. I'm sorry. :-/
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 7 day contracts

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:24 pm

The Thrill wrote:
KalElen wrote:
The Thrill wrote:Wesley Matthews (PG/SG) UTAH
Vladimir Radmanovic (SF/PF) GSW

On Saturday, Dec 11, I will post whether I wish to reextend those 7 day contracts, or I will drop the players off my roster.

you can't re-extend them, you have to drop them, they have to spend 24h on the fa list (which means that nobody else can sign them during that period) and then you can sign them to 7 day contracts again

That stinks. (kidding) :-D ;-)

Thank you for mentioning that. ;-D I thought I could reextend them twice (thereby a 21 day contract). I guess I thought we talked about allowing a manager to extend the 7 day contract twice, but I'm apparently mistaken (or misunderstood what we were talking about a month or so ago).

somebody did mention it, but nothing was decided, so old rule stands. current rule says

after one week contract is finished, player goes back to fa list and his former team retains no fa rights over him.

that means that he needs to be available to all the league and that his previous 7 day employer can't extend him, thus 24h moratorium on signing new 7 day contract after previous one expires
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:31 pm

The Thrill wrote:http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=438003#p438003

Or wait. Did I understand correctly or not understand correctly? :-b RedHopeful talks about 3 7 days contracts. But kal you're suggesting I need to drop that player for 24 hours inbetween the 7 day contract term? So, it would go 7 days. Drop 1 day. 7 days. Drop 1 day. Then pickup 7 days. Then Drop.... and then what? I can't have the player anymore? I guess I'm confused. I'm not sure that makes sense. :-? I would think I could reextend twice if, we did, in fact, institure the 21 day (3, 7 day contracts) rule. I don't know. Did we institue that rule?

I'm not sure I understand the 7 day contract rule still. I'm sorry. :-/

you can sign player up to 40 times to 7 day contract (actually you can't because season doesn't last that long, but you would be able if it did). however you do have to sign for 7 drop for 1 sign for 7, drop for 1 (24h to be precise) etc. in the mean time you have to fill the spot on your roster, so that basically means that you can't hold a player on 7 day contracts for the entire season. you have to fill the roster, the moment your player's 7 day contract expires, either by activating your player from the il (and you can do this up to 10 times per season) or by signing another player to the 7 day contract. i'm not sure if this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The Thrill » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:57 pm

Yes, definitely helps and I'm on the same page. I figured that was the case, but wasn't entirely clear. Thanks! B-)

In that case, I'm interested in inserting some type of rule that allows us to "reextend" a 7 Day Contract without putting the player back onto the market. I recommend allowing 2 extensions (thereby, in essence, the player is retained for 21 days without the need to drop in between extensions). How do I go about requesting a vote on that? As commish, Kal, are you interested in entertaining that type of rule? If not, no hard feelings. I'm just making a recommendation. :-]
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 pm

no problem, i'm glad i could help

as for your amendment, i'm not going to vote in favor of it. i don't like the idea of somebody being allowed to hold a player for 3 weeks without signing him to a guaranteed contract and at the same time preventing others to sign him to guaranteed contract. however that doesn't mean that i won't conduct a vote on that or any other rule amendment, if you wish me to. i'd just like to see you get some support from at least 2-3 other members before putting it to vote. just to make sure that there is at least some league wide support of your proposals. you should probably post at yahoo message board, start a new thread here and try to get some discussion going before we put it to vote ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Waived players thread

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:33 am

Waiving Jamaal Tinsley.

Signing Delonte West to min.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Mat Bonner

Postby KalElen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 pm

min
not sure who to drop yet
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Min offer to Carlos Delfino

Postby ardilla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:47 pm

I believe I have signed Delfino.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Waived players thread

Postby ardilla » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:48 pm