2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: IL list

Postby snakehuynh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 am

Adding Kevin Martin, Putting Tyson Chandler on IL.
snakehuynh
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Mat Barnes

Postby KalElen » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:48 pm

min
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Kris Humphries

Postby KalElen » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:49 pm

min
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: let's try again

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Not in favor of expansion until after year 2. As has been mentioned, the league has had one owner replaced already and people are still trying to adjust to their rosters.

As for the rest I agree with fenris:

I think the easiest way to work the cap holds (and I do think we should use them) is to use the last year's salary as the hold amount. That's not what the NBA does, but it is way easier. For mon contracts we might want to add a caveat that the minimum cap hold is, say, 500K, for any player who made 500K or less. That's simpler too, an we need al the simple we can get.

If we're going to use cap holds then I think we need to use the MLE. IN the interests of (again) simplicity I think a flat figure of 6M works.

The matter of differential allowed raises is sticky, and I'm not sure it's worth the extra work. Allowing everyone a flat 10% raise amount on all contracts is easy. On the other hand, if we allow some form of Bird RIghts that included a provision for, say, 12% raises instead, it would give the home team a slight advantage which isn't a bad thing. Exactly how to work a simple and effective mechanic for Bord Rights is something I'll have to think about, since BR are based on years of service, which is something we don't have to work with here. What would people think about allowing each team to nominate a certain number of players now, say 2 or 3 maybe, as Bird free agents? To simulate a squad with history. Any player with a contact of 3 years or longer counting this season would get that anyway, so it's to add some limited protection for the shorter contracts.

Rookies probably need to have a version of Restricted free agency too, at least for 1st round picks. Again, there's the issue of simulating history for the current rosters. We could say that any free agents this season and next season (and maybe the season after that) who were drafted in the 1st round of the actual NBA draft automatically count as RFAs in our league. After 2 or 3 fantasy seasons we should be able to use the fantasy rookies as they were drafted in the league.

That assumes we're having a seperate rookie draft. I think we really should. If we're going to we need some guidelines for that too. A rookie scale, ect. I don't recall where everyone else was on that idea.

That's what I have for now, but I'm sure I'll think of something else.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Trades 2009/2010

Postby KalElen » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:02 pm

post your trades here. they will implemented once all teams involved confirm them here
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Trades

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Trade between Gone with a Flash and Huevos Rancheros

Gone trades

Josh Smith(9.7), Boris Diaw(2.4), and Grant Hill(.58)

Huevos trades

Devin Harris(13), Josh Howard(3), Jonny Flynn(.7)
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ardilla » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Confirmed
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Confirmed
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby silentjim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:56 pm

I've got no problem with this. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 599)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:02 pm

silentjim wrote:I've got no problem with this. ;-D

+1 ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap