Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Nazr Mohammed

Postby KalElen » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 pm

min
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Darren Collison offer

Postby ardilla » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:08 pm

I think his 7 day is up.

.25K for 2 years (.25+.25)
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Darren Collison offer

Postby KalElen » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:16 pm

he is still under a 7 day contract until tomorrow and thus ineligible for this offer
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Darren Collison (7 Day Contract)

Postby The Thrill » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:44 pm

Kal,

I'm not understanding your comment on ardilla's offer for Collison. Greyone officially signed him to a 7 day last Sunday? That's when he made the post. So he has to drop him (in Yahoo) today as well. That will be one week's worth of ownership.

Meaning: If he claimed him on a 7 day on Sunday (the 31st), that means he picked him up and could play him on Monday (the 1st).

If he doesn't drop him today in Yahoo (in theory), he'll have the ability to play Collison on Monday (the 8th) as well. That's 8 days of ownership.

I'm not understanding why ardillas' offer was invalid. :-/
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 264)

Re: Darren Collison (7 Day Contract)

Postby KalElen » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Feb 1 5:50am Darren Collison (NO - PG,SG) Add Free Agents SSDelivered(G1)
that's what i have on yahoo. he was picked on the 1st and should be dropped on the 8th. he was not eligible to play on the 1st so he should be eligible to play on the 8th (7 days). he will hit the fa on the 9th, but i will allow bids on the 8th , just to speed things up. i will not allow bids on the 7th because that would mean that,, in theory, he could be picked up on the 8th and play on the 9th. he has to stay on ww for at least one game day. grayone, you definitely can't pick him up until proper procedure for free agency goes through. you gain no advantages from owning him on a 7 day contract so you have to drop him tomorrow and have to bid on him just like everybody else. that means holding the high bid for 24h
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: free agency dillema

Postby ardilla » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 am

Shows up as January 31st, 1150PM (US Eastern)when I look at it. Yahoo! goes by PT, so it would have been 1/31 at 850PM. Today was the 7th game day.

Collison played for SS&Delivered on Monday 2/1. He should be dropped today (2/7) so that he isn't in the lineup tomorrow.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: free agency dillema

Postby KalElen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:15 am

ardilla wrote:Shows up as January 31st, 1150PM (US Eastern)when I look at it. Yahoo! goes by PT, so it would have been 1/31 at 850PM. Today was the 7th game day.

Collison played for SS&Delivered on Monday 2/1. He should be dropped today (2/7) so that he isn't in the lineup tomorrow.

you are right, he did play on monday. my local time was Feb 1 5:50am which is why i didn't check to see if he played on monday, but since i am in europe 6 time zones away, i'll have to pay attention to this in the future. this means that ardilla's offer was valid. i'll add it to this thread and bidding will continue here
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Darren Collison offer

Postby KalElen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 am

to clear up any possible additional confusion. point of 24h moratorium on renewing a 7 day contract is to prevent a gm from dropping a player after his 1st 7 day contract is up and claiming him on a new 7 day contract straight away. 24h moratoriu ensures that other gms get a chance to sign player to a guaranteed deal. ardilla offered a guaranteed deal so 7 day contract is out of the question now
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: IL list

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 am

Krstic up and Johnson down
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)

Re: Aaron Afflalo (7 Day Contract)

Postby KalElen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm

this one is up
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap