2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Waived players thread

Postby KalElen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

waving Ryan Anderson
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: Darren Collison offer

Postby The Thrill » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 pm

I guess I'm still confused, but whatever. :-b

My point is this: Greyone made the announcement of a 7 day on Sunday. Effective upon that very moment, none of us could pickup Collison. So, I guess what I should have more appropriately tried to say is, regardless of when greyone actually picks him up and play him (in yahoo), he contractually has to drop him 7 days later (the next Sunday).

Who cares when Collison actually played a game for greyone? :-?

Now, regarding Yahoo, if greyone does a proper pickup in yahoo (based upon his announcement on Sunday the 31st) then he must properly drop him the following Sunday. I guess I don't see the complexity in this yet I still have a feeling we're not on the same page. :-/
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9989
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: At the line

Re: Aaron Afflalo (7 Day Contract)

Postby The Thrill » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:51 pm

So will you be dropping player for us for 7 day contracts now?

Just innocently curious. If so, it kind of negates the penalty we put in place in our discussions a few months back. Instead, the responsibility apparently is now on you to make the drop? :-? And instead we'll now need to enforce a penalty for teams that do not maintain an adequate roster size since you have dropped their player for them.

Sorry, I only ask because I noticed you dropped Afflalo for me even though that has never been your practice in the past and I've never been late in dropping (and properly picking up) on a 7 day contract.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9989
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: At the line

Re: Darren Collison offer

Postby KalElen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:58 pm

The Thrill wrote:I guess I'm still confused, but whatever. :-b

My point is this: Greyone made the announcement of a 7 day on Sunday. Effective upon that very moment, none of us could pickup Collison. So, I guess what I should have more appropriately tried to say is, regardless of when greyone actually picks him up and play him (in yahoo), he contractually has to drop him 7 days later (the next Sunday).

Who cares when Collison actually played a game for greyone? :-?

Now, regarding Yahoo, if greyone does a proper pickup in yahoo (based upon his announcement on Sunday the 31st) then he must properly drop him the following Sunday. I guess I don't see the complexity in this yet I still have a feeling we're not on the same page. :-/

in theory yes. in practice i've been letting it slide, because people are still unsure about some of the rules. if you look at the initial post of the thread, you'll notice that he is asking whether he can pick collison up, or it there was a waiting period. i've haven't been enforcing the rules 100% because i allowed people to post on the board one day and pick player up tomorrow. that will not happen next year, but i'm gonna continue that practice this year in order to allow everyone to adapt to the rules. though i threatened i to do it, i haven't reversed all of the moves that weren't properly announced either. that too will change next year and maybe even this year, because for me that is much bigger problem then one day grace period with 7 day contracts
now to add to the confusion, part of my response has been aimed at his 1st post, because i though that he posted a new thread about giving collison another 7 day contract, not realizing that is was an old thread bumped by your post
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Antoine Wright - TOR (7 Day Contract)

Postby The Thrill » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:59 pm

7 day offer
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9989
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: At the line

Re: Aaron Afflalo (7 Day Contract)

Postby KalElen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:07 pm

The Thrill wrote:So will you be dropping player for us for 7 day contracts now?

Just innocently curious. If so, it kind of negates the penalty we put in place in our discussions a few months back. Instead, the responsibility apparently is now on you to make the drop? :-? And instead we'll now need to enforce a penalty for teams that do not maintain an adequate roster size since you have dropped their player for them.

Sorry, I only ask because I noticed you dropped Afflalo for me even though that has never been your practice in the past and I've never been late in dropping (and properly picking up) on a 7 day contract.

i have occasionally dropped 7 day players for other teams, or at least i think i have. it was not my intention to antagonize you in any way, just to help out. people sometimes forget, not that you ever did, but seeing a missing spot on their roster can remind them that they need to make a move. of course, i have been lenient with roster requirement rule as well even when i wasn't the one who made the drop.

what i'm trying to say is, i'm trying to enforce all the rules and help people remember them, but i'm trying not to be difficult about it in our 1st year. we definitely have to follow the rules, but whenever i can give people little leeway i'll try to do so. i only had to dish out a punishment once and even then i did it reluctantly, but i saw no other choice
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: Darren Collison offer

Postby silentjim » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm agreement with Thrill on this (as I think you are too Kal).

Whether a player plays shouldn't affect when his 7 days start. It should just be the day the 7 day contract is offered and thus accepted by the player.

I don't like the idea of having to go check when a manager actually picked the player up to determine when the contract is valid. Too much work on my part. :-b
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: Aaron Afflalo (7 Day Contract)

Postby The Thrill » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:07 pm

ok, cool. Got it. Thanks! ;-D
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9989
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: At the line

Re: Darren Collison offer

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:10 pm

I think it should be counted from the day after the offer goes through on here, at the very least. There's no way to pick a guy up and play him the same day, so that day shouldn't count as part of the seven. I do think that the day you start counting from should be based on the day the offer here goes through here though (+1, like I said), not the day the GM gets around to picking the player up on Yahoo. A seven day contract should be for 7 days that the player is eiligible to play on the roster.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6300
(Past Year: 410)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Darren Collison offer

Postby silentjim » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I think it should be counted from the day after the offer goes through on here, at the very least. There's no way to pick a guy up and play him the same day, so that day shouldn't count as part of the seven. I do think that the day you start counting from should be based on the day the offer here goes through here though (+1, like I said), not the day the GM gets around to picking the player up on Yahoo. A seven day contract should be for 7 days that the player is eiligible to play on the roster.


I like this. Basically an 8 day contract.

I make a 7 day offer on someone today and pick him up (February 8th). He's then eligible on Yahoo to play for my team tomorrow (Feb 9th). He then becomes a free agent again after 7 days (February 16th). Correct? Meaning anyone interested in aforementioned player would submit bids on the 16th.
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues




  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact