Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Jared Jeffries (7 Day Contract)

Postby The Thrill » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Antoine Wright's 7 Day contract is up.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: want some more drama around here? there you go

Postby ardilla » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:01 pm

I kept it to messages and only sent any of that because he asked me why I wanted to quit. Not interested in opinions on my reasoning. I will set the lineups the rest of the way and refrain from making any risky moves. The team is decent and you could try advertising for a replacement.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby KalElen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:13 pm

ardilla wrote:I tried to keep it to messages only and only sent any of that because he asked me why I wanted to quit. Not interested in opinions on my reasoning. I will set the lineups the rest of the way and refrain from making any risky moves. The team is decent and you could try advertising for a replacement instead of seeking pity.

it's great, i bet people will be lining up to take it
anyway, your generous offer is refused and your involvement in this league is now officially over. have a nice life
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby ardilla » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Insult deleted.
Last edited by ardilla on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm

This is definitely turning immature real fast and we're all pretty much to blame.

It is possible we can come to some kind of resolution to this, or does everyone feel they've been slighted too much?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby ardilla » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 pm

I'll stop being insulting publicly. Sorry to the league in general for quitting, good luck.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ardilla » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

Sorry again for the recent jab on here, I deleted anything attacking Kal personally. I have been painted negatively in this thread through creative use of posting excerpts from one side of a private conversation. I didn't mean for a public debate to occur and I want to explain because I am in another league on the Cafe.

I don't believe Kal is consciously bending the rules to benefit his own team. The private messages he posted came after I told him I wanted to quit, and he asked why. I didn't mention his team in the first private message at all, and when he responded aggressively, I responded by pulling his leg about why he wanted me not to set lineups. I meant it as a joke. I am disappointed at the way my private messages were portrayed.

I quit because there are some iffy policies and heavy-handedness that led to the league feeling more like a frustrating part-time job than something to do for fun, so I don't want to continue after this year; I didn't want to bail on the league mid-season. I told him I was quitting now so he could have more time to look for a replacement.

Honest reasons I left for anyone interested:

-Having the commish set multiple team's lineups, even if the commish is attempting to be honest, is still leaving a window open for abuse and for things to be unfair when lineups are set versus one team and not another. If anyone hasn't done this before, Yahoo! only lets the commish set the lineup 1 day in advance so it is easy to make mistakes.

-The check-in threats and melt-down, along with various seemingly threatening posts whenever a move isn't posted in the desired place.

-I put a 7-day player on my IL. There wasn't any rule in the official rules regarding this, but the commish cut the player from my team without discussion and explained it by saying that some of the rules aren't posted in order to keep the rules brief. The dangers of this sort of policy should be clear.

-I made a legitimate offer which, again without discussion, was immediately locked and canceled by the commish. Through the arguments of several people this was reversed but it is frustrating to feel like I am in a constant battle.

-I understand the league is changing, but once a contract is signed it is unfair to change it, especially in a way that only benefits certain teams. The bidding would have gone differently had rfa been available on all rookie contracts. Not a huge deal but after past attempts at debating rules ended in insults I decided to just leave.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KalElen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:24 pm

THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO READ THROUGH A PETTY SQUABBLE CAN IGNORE THE REST OF THIS THREAD. i didn't want to bother the league with this matter, but just to be clear:

ardilla wrote:I won't be returning to this league. I will continue to set lineups until you find a replacement.

me wrote:may i ask why?

ardilla wrote:I don't want to be in a league where the rules keep changing to benefit certain teams and in the past I have found it pointless to discuss it with you.

me wrote:you keep acting like i'm the one trying to cheat in some way and i don't appreciate that. i only initiated expansion vote, fernis came up with other two ideas. i was against both, but he pushed for them. we discussed them a little bit and i put them to vote. you are perfectly free to state your case against them and try to convince others not to vote for them if you have good arguments. people are allowed to change their votes as long as voting is in progress. i myself haven't voted yet, because i'm not sure where i stand on those issues. after all this you want to quit, i definitely won't try to stop you
as far as your dislike of me goes, be assured that the feeling is mutual

ardilla wrote:I can continue to set lineups until the end of this year and you can look for a replacement for next season. You can announce it whenever you want to start looking for a replacement.

ardilla wrote:To be more clear, I wont quit on the league mid-season, but I wont be back next year. I know you want me to stop setting my lineups to give your team a better chance of making the playoffs and I will do my best to make you earn it.

me wrote:yeah. you got me there. that was totally my plan all along, since the league started last summer. unfortunately you are way too clever for me

me wrote:i won't be able to find a replacement this year. if you are quitting, there is no need to continue setting your lineup anymore
are you going to announce it to the league or should i?
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby ardilla » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Why are you still posting these private messages? Why have you opened a thread attacking me if you didn't want to bother anyone? Is this a good use for the forums?
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KalElen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:12 pm

because yo are trying to put the whole thing on me and because league deserves to know why you are quitting

i tried to find replacements, but i failed. it's not easy finding somebody to jump into the league this complex at this point and into team somebody else drafted. i asked everyone to help out, some people attempted and i'm grateful for it, but in the end nobody came through. i'm doing my best to keep the league fair and competitive in spite of 2 dead teams. you could have reminded me to set the lineups daily in stead of sitting by and doing nothing. i'm not looking for pity or praise here, just for people to understand the situation. if this is an argument for quitting, i don't know what to say

i'm not going to comment "check-ins" and "threats", i've talked about them enough already

maybe i could have handled that 7 day il issue better, but that's all i'll give you. not a reason to quit, but you obviously disagree

your offer was canceled because i thought it was illegal, not because i'm targeting you. i thought it was illegal, because i live in different time zone and date of the pickup is different on my comp. i wasn't persuaded by others to change my decision, i was made aware of my mistake. honest mistake, as you yourself said at a time, if i remember correctly

you don't like new rule, then lobby against it. don't quit because of it. i tried to tell you as much. you felt you couldn't discuss it with me. fine you had 12 other people to discuss it with. the irony is, i actually pointed out to fernis that this rule would change some players' values and that it might not sit well with some gms, but i think he figured, those people would come out and say so

instead you proceeded to insult me for the 2nd time. i have never insulted you. i said your idea is pointless or stupid or something like that. maybe i should have used weaker language, but it was in the heat of the argument. after all the work i've put into this thing and my willingness to talk about any aspect of it, infinitely, and attempts to improve the league you decided to go this route. i really don't know what else to say
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap