2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: Fenris-77, silentjim, RedHopeful, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: want some more drama around here? there you go

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 pm

KalElen wrote:you don't like new rule, then lobby against it. don't quit because of it. i tried to tell you as much. you felt you couldn't discuss it with me. fine you had 12 other people to discuss it with. the irony is, i actually pointed out to fernis that this rule would change some players' values and that it might not sit well with some gms, but i think he figured, those people would come out and say so

The really funny thing is that neither rule really helps my team out at all. I don't have any good rooks (T-Will doesn't count :-C ) and I don't have any big names on two year contracts. I'll take those new rules and Darren Collison over anything on my roster. Anyway, the rules I suggested are really just to help maintain some semblance of continuity as the league moves forward. People can think of them as 'new' rules but what they really are is a way to make the existing rules apply to the current rosters, and thus avoid having the existing rules seem 'new' when they start coming into play two or three seasons from now. Either way the values of certain kinds of players does change, but personally I'd rather see that change happen now than a couple of years down the road when in all other respects the league is more established and settled.

And yeah, anyone who doesn't like it for whatever reason is certainly free to both vote no and strongly urge others to do the same. If the argument was convincing I'd even change my vote - I'm not tied into the suggestions I made, I just thought it sounded more balanced than the alternative.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: want some more drama around here? there you go

Postby silentjim » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm offically going to lock this. Way too many bad choices are being made by everyone in this discussion and it's going nowhere.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 632)

Andre Blatche

Postby TheRobSays » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Was never waived by me, he should be on my IL - check the thread - Jamario Moon was waived when I added Lopez.

Sorry I missed that earlier.
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

Re: Andre Blatche

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Kal & Fenris, you guys see this?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 663)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 am

RedHopeful wrote:Kal & Fenris, you guys see this?

Nope. I checked the IL before I made the offer and didn't see him (since Jamario's still there). I can put him back in the pool though, I'll just reverse the transaction I just made. Kal can add him to TRS's roster without waiver waiting time if necessary.

Sorry for the mixup T-Rob. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

JaVale McGee offer

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:25 am

Weeeelllll, since Blatche turns out to be a no-go, I'm going to offer Javale McGee the minimum.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KalElen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:41 am

Fenris-77 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Kal & Fenris, you guys see this?

Sorry for the mixup T-Rob. ;-D

sry guys. i told you that mistakes will happen from time to time and what can i say, when i'm right, i'm right :)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:03 am

I dropped him already. :*)

Provided my McGee offer goes through I'll just add him directly to the active roster and call the missed player game a small penalty for some light-hearted player poaching. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: JaVale McGee offer

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:04 am

Done deal.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: IL list

Postby ardilla » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Ilgauskas moved to IL, Bibby activated
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext