2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: planning the off-season

Postby KalElen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 pm

if i remember correctly idea was that once fa period starts:
every gm can nominate no more then one of his own fas (bird rights fas that is) at a time
every gm can nominate no more then one other fa at a time
every gm can have up to 2 own fas in the pool at a time
this means that if fernis nominates one of my fas, nobody else, except me, can nominate another one until the one fernis nominated is claimed. this means there can be up to 32 fas in the pool at a time, which is not great, but it's the best solution we have at this moment
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: IL list

Postby KalElen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 am

Marreese Speights to il
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

7 day contract - Toney Douglas

Postby KalElen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

to be dropped on tuesday 23rd
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Yeah, that works for me. 32 guys in the pool isn't ideal, but I'm not sure how else to handle it. The offseason could take forever if we go with less. The other option we could consider is to have some sort of 'auction rounds' format. In that kind of approach we'd have finite timeframes (say, 48 hours) per round. Every round, each GM must nominate any 1 player to be bid on (his or someone elses), and depending on exact format he either need to open the bidding himself or he doesn't, what ever the league prefers. Gms then have 48 hours to place bids on the nominated players, with bidding closing hard at 48 hours. This is more like the traditional auction format, and it's pretty tried and tested. It adds the strategy of who to nominate when, and also serves to really clean up the number of players actively being auctioned.

If we were going to go this route, I'd recommend altering the bidding increments to make them bigger - a bigger bump makes in mean a little more to have a last minute flurry of outbids, and it makes it a little more dangerous to try and drive up the price on players you don't actually intend to own.

Kal - I'm still chipping away at the rules. I've been a lot busier than I thought I was going to be over the last 4 or 5 days. I'll get there. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Wesley Matthews - Min offer

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:35 pm

offering Wesley Matthews the min
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KalElen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:55 pm

i don't like your alternative one bit. i hate the idea of limiting player auction to 48h as well as possibility of one team having more then 2 of its free agents in the pool at the same time. i don't expect time to be critical here, we finished draft/auction in timely fashion and this year we will have less player eligible for auction. my problem is that 32 is a lot of threads to keep track of, but i'm hoping that in practice we won't have max number of players at any point. either way, i don't see the alternative

there is no rush with the rules, but i would like to sort them out by the end of fantasy season if possible
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: IL list

Postby scully19 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:28 pm

James Harden to the IL, DeMar DeRozan activated
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 pm

You might not like it, which is fine, but it is the standard for auctions, so it's not like it's some kind of off-the-wall idea I'm tossing out there. Capping the number of players from one team who can be up for auction at any one time doesn't have to be a free for all, that's easily added as a condition and shouldn't be thrown out there like it's an issue with the basic idea.

I agree that 32 could be hard to manage though. Having discrete windows to bid in for each player is how most auctions keep that under control. If we start early enough I suppose we could manage to get finished if we just had one active thread per GM like we did this year though.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Jason Maxiell

Postby TheRobSays » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Min offer, dropping Ryan Hollins from 7 day contract
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

Postby KalElen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:10 pm

i really don't see why you are worried about this. we will have far less players to auction off then we had last summer and we will have twice as many threads allowed. there is no chance whatsoever of free agency not being done before season starts
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap