2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: check in thread

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:00 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Sorry for flooding the check-in thread but....has this been resolved?

-Having the commish set multiple team's lineups, even if the commish is attempting to be honest, is still leaving a window open for abuse and for things to be unfair when lineups are set versus one team and not another. If anyone hasn't done this before, Yahoo! only lets the commish set the lineup 1 day in advance so it is easy to make mistakes.

we had this issue because we had inactive owners. hopefully we won't have that this year. if it does happen, there is no way around it. if we can't find in-season replacement (which i tried to do real hard, but in the end our replacement was inactive as well), i'll have to set the lineups.

as for choosing teams, you should not post anything at this point. we still don't know whether we'll have 5 or 6 teams available (depending on whether greyone appears until wedensday). when it's time i'll post a new thread with all due explanations. until then you're free to look, but don't touch :-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dch17 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:58 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:I actually want the worst team to take over. I'll look it over and have a decision by Monday.

A man with a plan, I like it! It's the fantasy equivalent of taking over the timberwolves roster, and making it into a sleek championship machine...

I can't wait also, long term planning, dealing with contracts/trades is such a massive draw-card for me. Knowing your starting (well - at least from this point) a basketball empire, I hope only to prove to not be a fantasy Kahn.
dch17
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby Markos » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Sorry about being a bit late to the party guys, but yeah I'm still in. I'd been checking below all the pinned threads for new posts, just saw this thread and the draft one today after I got a PM from Kal. I'm one of the replacement GM's, think I may have been the first, will check out the teams while I'm waiting for a response from Kal.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 6)

Postby silentjim » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:40 pm

When will we make a decision on whether there's enough interest to keep this league going?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby KalElen » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 pm

silentjim wrote:When will we make a decision on whether there's enough interest to keep this league going?

we need 2 more replacements (greyone is officially out), so if we can find 2 quality gms over the next week or two we will proceed with season two. if anybody knows any good gms looking for salary cap league, now is the time to start recruiting
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dch17 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:15 am

any progress?

You could make a post on one of the forums here, I'm sure many people don't know about this league... You'll probably be swamped with applications, lol. I know as soon as I heard about it, I wanted in.
dch17
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:12 pm

dch17 wrote:any progress?

You could make a post on one of the forums here, I'm sure many people don't know about this league... You'll probably be swamped with applications, lol. I know as soon as I heard about it, I wanted in.

no offense to anybody, but we are not looking for just anyone who wants in. we tried that last year and ended up having to replace almost half a league after year one. this year we are trying to take a different approach and get people who we think have better chance of sticking around. hopefully we'll have few more guys soon
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dch17 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah I said you'd be swamped with applications; not that you would take just anyone ;-)

The thing is I have many good quality gm's from past leagues / continuous leagues but I don't know how applicable their skills would be to this kind of league.
dch17
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:41 pm

dch17 wrote:Yeah I said you'd be swamped with applications; not that you would take just anyone ;-)

The thing is I have many good quality gm's from past leagues / continuous leagues but I don't know how applicable their skills would be to this kind of league.

if somebody is committed and successful gm in competitive keeper/year to year leagues, it is reasonable to assume that he will be able to adapt to our settings, if he wants to. when we were starting this league last summer, none of us had much if any experience with leagues this complex. we had a good gm who wasn't really too committed to playing the league so we had to replace him even though i do not doubt his fbb skill. we require 2 things out of our gms, knowledge and and dedication, rest will come with experience, so if you have anybody who fits that description feel free to invite them ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:50 pm

So-Tex pm'd me yesterday that he was in. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap