2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: check in thread

Postby So-Tex » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Yeah, I'm in. Meant to post yesterday but had some catching up to do with "at home" stuff (I was on vacation last week).

Like I told Red, I'm new to the whole Salary Cap league thing, so forgive me if I ask a bunch of questions as we go along. But I'm ready and willing to give it a try. The way I see it, this is my "bite off more than I can chew" moment for 2010. :-D

Anyway, I'll do the best I can to stay within the rules and give everyone some competition. Looking forward to it! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:29 pm

So-Tex wrote:Yeah, I'm in. Meant to post yesterday but had some catching up to do with "at home" stuff (I was on vacation last week).

Like I told Red, I'm new to the whole Salary Cap league thing, so forgive me if I ask a bunch of questions as we go along. But I'm ready and willing to give it a try. The way I see it, this is my "bite off more than I can chew" moment for 2010. :-D

Anyway, I'll do the best I can to stay within the rules and give everyone some competition. Looking forward to it! ;-D

welcome to the league and don't worry about asking questions. just fire away ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: The new guy

Postby So-Tex » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks Kal for the welcome over at the check in thread.

Guess my first question will be which team will I be inheriting, or do I have a choice? I'm sure I'll get a PM or something regarding this, but just thought I'd ask here to be sure I cover the bases.

I'll be reading up on the rules over the next few days, so if I have any other questions I'll ask.

And thanks again for having me! :-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Re: The new guy

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:26 pm

So-Tex wrote:Thanks Kal for the welcome over at the check in thread.

Guess my first question will be which team will I be inheriting, or do I have a choice? I'm sure I'll get a PM or something regarding this, but just thought I'd ask here to be sure I cover the bases.

I'll be reading up on the rules over the next few days, so if I have any other questions I'll ask.

And thanks again for having me! :-D

if you ask me, this league can never have too many spurs fans ;-D

you are 5th replacement gm to be accepted into the league this summer, so you'll have 5th choice of available teams. you can find a list of available teams in the check in thread. as soon as we're done with searching for replacements i'll notify you of everything you need to know regarding picking your teams...
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KalElen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:47 am

situation so far:
checked in
kalelen
RedHopeful
scully19
silentjim
snakehuynh
TheRobSays
Fenris-77
DVauthrin
cnote23
coffeeman

replacements:
Markos
barrec
RocketsDWM
dch17
So-Tex

so we need another guy. also cnote has been absent for quite some time so we might have to replace him as well :-/
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:33 pm

You can add Hi Chi to the list. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby hi chi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi guys! Looking forward to doing this league. I started playing fantasy in the late 80s (mostly baseball and football) and got into fantasy basketball more recently (although it has always been my favorite sport). This looks like a challenging and fun league. It has been a long time since I have been in a salary cap league and I don't think I have ever been in one this complex, but I am looking forward to something that can match my fantasy addiction. ;-D
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 132)

Postby KalElen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 pm

hi chi wrote:Hi guys! Looking forward to doing this league. I started playing fantasy in the late 80s (mostly baseball and football) and got into fantasy basketball more recently (although it has always been my favorite sport). This looks like a challenging and fun league. It has been a long time since I have been in a salary cap league and I don't think I have ever been in one this complex, but I am looking forward to something that can match my fantasy addiction. ;-D

glad to have ;-D

we are now waiting on cnote to respond, since he hasn't been around for a while (i'll give him a couple of days). we still have plenty of time to do the draft and free agency so we can spare a day or two to allow our new members to study the rules
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Kal, could re-post the salary spreadsheet you had done up, or at least remind me where to find it? My last laptop died a horrible death and that's the only place I had it saved. :-/
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby silentjim » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Kal, could re-post the salary spreadsheet you had done up, or at least remind me where to find it? My last laptop died a horrible death and that's the only place I had it saved. :-/

I meant to say the same thing the other day. Your file storage site expired as well. ;-)
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap