2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: check in thread

Postby Markos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:21 am

Also, the total salary formulas for ardilla, silentjim, the thrill, and porno4mumu need revising, you've left some of the guys at the bottom of the list off the total.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

User avatar

Posts: 289
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Down Under

Re: check in thread

Postby KalElen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 am

i'll give them a look
we are still waiting on cnote/replacement. we have kind of exhausted our options for finding replacements so if anybody has any ideas, i'd love to hear them
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: check in thread

Postby So-Tex » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:03 am

I know a guy over at the Busersports.com forum who might be interested - if he's not loaded down already. :-o

I don't know him personally, but we've had dialogs going back to when Buser had only the blog site running (before the forum part of the site was up) - he seems to really know his stuff, especially in ROTO. Even though this isn't a ROTO league, he may be up to the challenge of a H2H league of this caliber if I tell him about it. And now with 8 team slots for Yahoo ID's, it might be easier to convince him to join.

I'll feel him out and see if he's interested or able - if he is, I'll hook him up with Kal (if that's OK) and you can take it from there. I don't know if he's registered here at the Cafe yet, though, so he may have to do that before anything else.

And don't worry Red, silentjim, and anyone else who bops over to Busersports from time to time - the guy I'm talking about is NOT mr.gm! I like the kid and all, don't get me wrong - but for this...ehhhhh not so much! :-D
Image
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1039
(Past Year: 217)
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: South Texas, USA

Re: check in thread

Postby KalElen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:39 am

So-Tex wrote:I know a guy over at the Busersports.com forum who might be interested - if he's not loaded down already. :-o

I don't know him personally, but we've had dialogs going back to when Buser had only the blog site running (before the forum part of the site was up) - he seems to really know his stuff, especially in ROTO. Even though this isn't a ROTO league, he may be up to the challenge of a H2H league of this caliber if I tell him about it. And now with 8 team slots for Yahoo ID's, it might be easier to convince him to join.

I'll feel him out and see if he's interested or able - if he is, I'll hook him up with Kal (if that's OK) and you can take it from there. I don't know if he's registered here at the Cafe yet, though, so he may have to do that before anything else.

And don't worry Red, silentjim, and anyone else who bops over to Busersports from time to time - the guy I'm talking about is NOT mr.gm! I like the kid and all, don't get me wrong - but for this...ehhhhh not so much! :-D

that would be great. i'm still trying to recruit former cuda guys, but they haven't showed much interest in this format so far
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: check in thread

Postby So-Tex » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:43 am

Just heard back from him, and he's game! ;-D

Let me know what you need for him to do and I'll pass the info along.

He goes by the handle "dasein" over at Busersports.com. Even said he thinks he knows which league it is because Red (or someone else) tried to recruit him last season. He was getting ready to go off to the Far East (last year) and couldn't commit to anything this heavy. But he can do it this year - and even though he's been trying to avoid H2H for the most part, he doesn't mind it here because of the unique nature of this league.

So again, let me know what you need him to do, and I'll get him in touch with you ASAP!

Hopefully we can get the ball rolling soon! :-D
Image
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1039
(Past Year: 217)
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: South Texas, USA

Re: check in thread

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:16 pm

So-Tex wrote:Just heard back from him, and he's game! ;-D

Let me know what you need for him to do and I'll pass the info along.

He goes by the handle "dasein" over at Busersports.com. Even said he thinks he knows which league it is because Red (or someone else) tried to recruit him last season. He was getting ready to go off to the Far East (last year) and couldn't commit to anything this heavy. But he can do it this year - and even though he's been trying to avoid H2H for the most part, he doesn't mind it here because of the unique nature of this league.

So again, let me know what you need him to do, and I'll get him in touch with you ASAP!

Hopefully we can get the ball rolling soon! :-D

Sweet - nice job so-tex. ;-D

I think all we need is for him to create a username here and check in to confirm. As soon as that is done, teams can be picked and we'll go from there.
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18230
(Past Year: 703)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: check in thread

Postby So-Tex » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks Red!

I already sent him the links to the forum(s) - both for this league and for registering. We may have to give him a few more hours or so, because if I'm not mistaken, he's offline during the daytime hours - work I think, but I'm not really sure. I know at one point last year, he was logging in from Germany - don't know if he's still there or not.

But he'll be in soon enough. :-D
Image
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1039
(Past Year: 217)
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: South Texas, USA

Re: check in thread

Postby barrec » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Woohoo! Great job guys...very excited to get it goin!
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 420
(Past Year: 88)
Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Gresham, OR

Re: check in thread

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:15 am

barrec wrote:Woohoo! Great job guys...very excited to get it goin!

Welcome. ;-D It's a shame c-note seems to be awol, but I'm happy to see him replaced by a guy with some enthusiasm (and fantasy hoops chops).
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6300
(Past Year: 410)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: check in thread

Postby dasein » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 am

hi guys,
dasein checking in. Interested to see this train wreck of a team I have to turn around. :-D

EDIT: I just saw that you already seem to have 16 confirmed (on the very 1st post), which I believe is the limit. Maybe some wires got crossed somewhere? No worries if that makes me the 17th wheel, but I guess someone should PM me to let me know whether I'm in or not. B-)
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

User avatar

Posts: 916
(Past Year: 433)
Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues




  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact