2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: team draft

Postby hi chi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:56 pm

T..t...t..TODAY JUNIOR!!!! Let's get the show on the road.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 131)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:56 pm

So-Tex wrote:I'm still waiting on dch17, am I not?

yeah. let's give him little more. we're in no hurry here. we're on our way ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dch17 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:02 pm

I'll take cnotes team;

The reason I waited was to give him a little more grace time; after all he had checked in earlier.

What would happen if he checked back in after now?

I suppose Dasein would miss out and I'd have to re-pick?

I was really hoping to get Thrill's team; I guess what team is the worst is subjective because rockets said he wanted to take the worst team and he took the one I had chosen as the best, lol.
Let the reclamation begin!

Can we change the team names this season?
dch17
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:14 pm

dch17 wrote:I'll take cnotes team;

The reason I waited was to give him a little more grace time; after all he had checked in earlier.

What would happen if he checked back in after now?

I suppose Dasein would miss out and I'd have to re-pick?

I was really hoping to get Thrill's team; I guess what team is the worst is subjective because rockets said he wanted to take the worst team and he took the one I had chosen as the best, lol.
Let the reclamation begin!

Can we change the team names this season?

cnote is definitely out. as much as i regret having to replace him, it wouldn't be fair to any of you guys to let him back at the price of kicking one of you out. we gave him enough time. hopefully everything is ok with him and he'll be back contributing to cafe soon

teams are listed by their gm's user-names here. you can change team name whenever you want

i just want to remind you here as well that players who are listed on team's rosters, with no salary will have cap holds
until i insert them into excel file (tomorrow) you can find values of their contracts here:
viewtopic.php?t=59905
cap holds will count against cap as the amount they were signed for last year. you can renounce bird rights for those players to remove those cap holds
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby So-Tex » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:40 am

Hey guys - sorry to hold things up, but I've got a mock draft to do here in about 20 mins - it's a long one too - I think some of you might be in it as well.

Anyway, I'll pick my team sometime after that.

Hang tight, guys - we'll get there! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby So-Tex » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:22 am

Again sorry it took me so long, but I've finally decided...

I must be a glutton for punishment, but go ahead and give me nguy6280's team. I figure, first time ever doing this kind of league, I might as well go for broke and completely bite off more than I can chew - none of this pussy-footin around! }:-)

Hopefully, I'll get to roster somebody this season to make it interesting. :-? Otherwise, it'll be a work in progress. ;-D

And there's just something not right about paying Jose Calderon 15M+ over the next 3 years...did I miss a memo somewhere?!?! :-S
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby barrec » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:35 am

So-Tex wrote:Again sorry it took me so long, but I've finally decided...

I must be a glutton for punishment, but go ahead and give me nguy6280's team. I figure, first time ever doing this kind of league, I might as well go for broke and completely bite off more than I can chew - none of this pussy-footin around! }:-)

Hopefully, I'll get to roster somebody this season to make it interesting. :-? Otherwise, it'll be a work in progress. ;-D

And there's just something not right about paying Jose Calderon 15M+ over the next 3 years...did I miss a memo somewhere?!?! :-S

FWIW/IMHO, I nominate Calderon's contract for worst in the league. That was the reason I stayed away from it.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby dch17 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am

Yeah I agree, closely followed by the butler contract..

I would have taken nguy's team last, but when totally healthy and productive it would still pack a punch
dch17
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby dasein » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:36 am

Whoohooooooooo! :-B
I thought for sure I'd be stuck with nguy's long list of brain-farts. Man, does that dude know how to overpay or what? Maybe he left for a job with the Knicks. No way Dolan could turn down that kind of tallent. :-D

You certainly got some balls ST. Thats gonna be a challenge for sure. There are some nice young pieces on that roster though. Thinking I was gonna end up with it, I've been talking myself into Calderon returning to form; Rose adding the 3 ball, and increasing assists with more scoring around him; Adolph staying healthy and making Buser proud. Who knows- they might happen. ;-) Maybe Griffin will be the real deal too. All I'll say is, after taking that bullet you must be due some good karma. ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 375)

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:39 am

calderon was getting drafted in 2nd round in previous years, so it didn't look that bad at a time. there is still some hope he can turn it around, but if he fails this year, then it becomes a total waste. good luck with your effort of turning this team around
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap