2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: complete salary information - updated 03.09.2010

Postby KalElen » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Markos wrote:Just a suggestion, rather than us all uploading and downloading this file, how about moving it to googledocs?

never used it. will look into it ;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: league is up

Postby KalElen » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:39 pm

bump
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Trades 2010/2011

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Trade between DV and dch17

DV trades

Emeka Okafor(5.5M + 5.5M)
Ronny Turiaf(1.1M)

dch17 trades
Jameer Nelson(7.5M+7.5M)

I confirm this deal
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 164)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dch17 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:47 am

DVauthrin wrote:Trade between DV and dch17

DV trades

Emeka Okafor(5.5M + 5.5M)
Ronny Turiaf(1.1M)

dch17 trades
Jameer Nelson(7.5M+7.5M)

I confirm this deal

Confirmed

DV is getting around isn't he? ;-)
dch17
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Re: Trade blocks 2010/2011

Postby barrec » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Let's mix it up a bit. R. Lewis, Hedo, Ray Allen, F. Garcia and Kopono are all on the block. What you got?
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Re: Trade blocks 2010/2011

Postby scully19 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Wilson Chandler
Al Harrington
Xavier Henry
Tracy McGrady
Trevor Booker
Rudy Fernandez
TJ Ford
Taj Gibson
Rasheed Wallace (2.61) to retire and cost only 1.305 mill.

Looking for a PG or a PF/C
Last edited by scully19 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 202)

Postby So-Tex » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Trade between So-Tex and dasein

So-Tex trades:

Anthony Randolph (11M+ 11M + 11M)
Ronnie Brewer (1.35M)

dasein trades:

John Salmons (5.75M)
Mario Chalmers (4.25M)

I confirm this deal.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 215)

Postby dasein » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:55 pm

So-Tex wrote:Trade between So-Tex and dasein

So-Tex trades:

Anthony Randolph (11M+ 11M + 11M)
Ronnie Brewer (1.35M)

dasein trades:

John Salmons (5.75M)
Mario Chalmers (4.25M)

I confirm this deal.

I cross my fingers, cross my toes, wish upon a star, and confirm this deal. :-B
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 432)

teh vote

Postby KalElen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:07 pm

we have dv to thank for going through 13 pages of discussion and identifying the issues and proposed solutions thus helping me set this up ;-D

you are free to change your vote at any time until the vote is concluded. please keep all the comments in the discussion thread and post only your votes here. vote will last until the sunday 23:59 est or until all members vote, whichever comes later

1) Draft Lottery system

Option 1) Simple solution would be to have the draw the same way it is outlined, but if you don't win the top 3 picks drawn like the then you get put back based on standings of the regular season. In this way they can still have the opportunity to win the lottery, but they do not automatically jump up positions because they are a part of it.

Option 2) Simple solution would be to have the draw the same way it is outlined, but if you don't win the top 2 picks drawn like the then you get put back based on standings of the regular season. In this way they can still have the opportunity to win the lottery, but they do not automatically jump up positions because they are a part of it.

Option 3) expanded playoff format, 1 through 12, with teams 1-4 having a 1st round bye, with a consolation finals (1st round losers vs 13-16)
Teams 1-8 don't get a lottery pick, only 9th through 16th. NBA based lottery odds for teams 9 through 16. Only the top 3 picks should be lottery, then reverse standings, like the NBA. Remaining 12% lotto odds (reserved for teams 10-14 in the NBA) the consolation finals booty. Admin approximate gains through tanking/inactivity after the season, and reverse them. 1 place penalty in lottery odds for GM's that tank.

Option 4) No change

2) Injury List system

Option 1) No change

Option 2) We get 2 extra roster spaces, but these are only to be used for inactive players. We know who a manager's inactive players are by having them displayed in the "smack talk" bar, which is highly visible and easily accessible.

Option 3) We do away with the il list completely and expand active rosters by 2 spots

3)Draft rights for players not in the NBA

Option 1) You hold his rights until he comes over. You pay him and he takes up a roster spot, even if he never plays a game in the NBA.

Option 2) You hold his rights until he comes over. The player doesn't count against your salary/roster until he actually plays a game in the NBA.

Option 3) You hold his rights until he comes over. The player doesn't take up a roster spot until he actually plays a game in the NBA, but counts against your cap by he amount of the 1st year of his contract.

4)Draft rights for players not in the NBA

Option 1) You can hold draft rights on no more then 2 players

Option 2) You can hold draft rights on any number of players

5) Bird Rights

Option 1) Keep the current rule: Bird Rights after one full year without being waived.

Option 2) You only acquire bird rights on a player after he signs either one two-year or two one-year (full year) contracts with the same team and. If you trade for such player you inherit his bird rights status at the end of his contract, but if he gets waived bird rights are reset

6) Points system

Option 1) Use the current setup. Points system only applies when average salary and contract length are equal in two or more offers.

Option 2) Use the points system in any situations where two or more contract offers are within 105% of each other, regardless of contract length.

Option 3) an easy solution that may be a third option would be to simply have a decent min bid increase after a certain point, and we count that as an increase so you don't have to worry about it. 0-5M mill min increase of 0.1M min. 5-10M min increase of .25M. 10M+ min increase of .5M

7) rasheed wallace was waived by scully, before we officially set parameters for retiring players

Option 1) allow scully to get sheed back, so he can try to trade him.

Option 2) sheed remains waived.

8) under current rules 2009 rookies on 1 and 2 year contracts become modified rfa after their contracts are up. for some reason we didn't include those on 3 year contracts which is unfair to guys who own them, since they had to pay more money to get those guys and yet have less protection on their players to show for it

Option 1) allow rookies on 3 year deals to become modified rfas as well

Option 2) no change
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: teh vote

Postby KalElen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 pm

1) Draft Lottery system

Option 2)

2) Injury List system

Option 3)

3)Draft rights for players not in the NBA

Option 3)

4)Draft rights for players not in the NBA

Option 2)

5) Bird Rights

Option 1)

6) Points system

Option 1)

7) rasheed wallace was waived by scully, before we officially set parameters for retiring players

Option 1)

8) under current rules 2009 rookies on 1 and 2 year contracts become modified rfa after their contracts are up. for some reason we didn't include those on 3 year contracts which is unfair to guys who own them, since they had to pay more money to get those guys and yet have less protection on their players to show for it

Option 1)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap