Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:00 am

scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 186)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: complete salary information - updated 03.09.2010

Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 am

Went 1 step further. Now everyone can look at either everyone's list, or go to individual pages if you know who you are looking for. I also find the individual pages to look cleaner and easier to edit.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=COGrvfQK
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Trades 2010/2011

Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:24 am

DV is at it again

Scully19 trades:
Troy Murphy
James Harden

DVAuthrin trades:
Devin Harris
Zach Randolph
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Trades 2010/2011

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 am

scully19 wrote:DV is at it again

Scully19 trades:
Troy Murphy
James Harden

DVAuthrin trades:
Devin Harris
Zach Randolph

I confirm this deal.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dch17 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:07 am

Nice Scully, very helpful
dch17
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Free Agent Listing

Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:15 am

It isn't the perfect list of everyone available, but it is a pretty decent list of about 100 names or so. I used the Salary Cap League Team Salaries page and removed anyone assigned to a team, the one thing I am unsure of are if all the rookies signed last year during the draft were on 2 year deals or not. If not, then are some of them written as RFA but not actually on the team for sure this year. If they are all officially on the team that the list should be very accurate if not exact.

If you find anyone on the list who is on your team let me know so i can correct it.

Enjoy:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... ey=COa64iM
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KalElen » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:35 am

scully19 wrote:Went 1 step further. Now everyone can look at either everyone's list, or go to individual pages if you know who you are looking for. I also find the individual pages to look cleaner and easier to edit.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=COGrvfQK

great job man. i really appreciate it. i'm back from my travels but i'm gonna be extra busy over next 2 weeks so it would be great if you could continue maintaining the sheets. if you can extend the privileges to me as well i'll help out whenever possible, but it would be one huge headache less for me
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

bidding explanations and example

Postby KalElen » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:41 pm

when starting the bidding for a certain player you need to start a new thread named like this:
gm - player
where gm is user name of gm who holds bird rights on the player in question, or just player name if nobody holds player's bird rights. you can start no more then one thread for players whose bird rights are held by somebody else or nobody at all and no more then one thread for players whose bird rights you yourself hold at a time. after player you nominated is claimed by somebody you can start a new thread, keeping in mind restrictions mentioned above. you need to post your offer in the 1st post of your new thread
valid bids should look like this:
x (x1, x2, x3, x4)
where x is average salary and xi is salary in ith year of the contract. obviously x2, x3 and x4 can be 0 in case of one year contracts
increases between years have to be no bigger then 10% of the 1st year salary (15% if team is bidding on it's own bird fa). x is used to determine a winner examples:
10 (10, 9, 10, 11) - valid
11.5 (10, 11, 12, 13) - valid
10 (11, 10, 10, 9) - valid
10 (9, 10, 11,10) - invalid, increases can't be higher then 0.9M in this case because 0.9M is 10% of the starting salary
once you post the thread all other gms are free to live their posts in that thread with their bids. after there has been no bids for 24h player is awarded to the highest bidder

invalid bids are voided momentarily, they do not reset the clock and nobody is under obligation to notify offending gm of his bid being invalid. i will post in the bidding thread if i find invalid bid, but since i'm not around here 24/7 it is very likely that i will see some invalid bids only after it's too late for offending to post a new bid. in the spirit of sportsmanship, i would appreciate if all others gm did the same. if you see invalid bid, just leave a post saying so. that might help offending gm if he is checking on his bid and sees that somebody posted after him...

bellow you have rules that affect bidding, copied and highlighted. especially important ones are bolded. you can find some winning bids here:
viewtopic.php?t=59905
don't be confused by starting salary being higher then 20M in some cases. that was allowed last summer and now it's not. the transition to 20M max was planned from the start

-during the season high bid is accepted after 48h waiting period. during off-season high bid is accepted after 24h waiting period.

-teams can under no circumstances go over the hard cap

-minimum increases and decreases in negotiations and bidding: 100k for contracts starting at less then 2.5M, 250k for contracts starting at 2.5M or more. 10k increase is allowed only if another team uses it's max offer to match original team's offer

example: team A has 4M of the mle left, team B has 5M under the cap. team A can match team B's 4M starting salary offer, but in that case team B can increase by 10K to outbid capped out team. however, if team A offered 4M starting salary first, team B would have to outbid by 250K

-players' salaries for every year have to be rounded to tens of thousands

-after using up or forfeiting mle, teams over the (soft) cap can only offer one year min salary deals to free agents. these offers can be extended only if mle is not available

-after player's contract runs out at the end of the season, value of the last year of his contract continues to count against his old team's cap in the form of cap hold, if his former team holds bird rights on him. cap hold is removed if one of the following things happens:
1) his former team resigns him to a new deal (if team holds bird rights on the player in question, it can ignore cap hold during resigning bidding)
2) his former team relinquishes a cap hold; this also removes team's bird rights on a player
3) he is signed by a new team
examples:

a) team A has 70M in committed salary and 2 cap holds worth 3M and 2M for players bb and cc, both with bird rights, which means that its used salary is 75M. as long as cap holds are in effect, that team can only use 5M of its mle or bring in additional 5M through trade. but if team decides to resign its bird rights fa bb, it can offer up to 3M (cap hold) + 5M (remaining cap space under the hard cap, which can be used because of bird rights) = 8M starting salary to that fa. let's say bb is resigned for 6M bringing salary number to 76M in committed salary + 2M cap hold for cc = 78M of cap space used up. that leaves max starting salary of 4M for cc
b) team B has 63M in committed salary and a cap hold worth 3M for player dd, which means that its used salary is 66M. let's also say that the team has spent mle. if team decides to resign player dd it can offer max starting salary of 3M + 14M, but it can only offer min contracts to other free agents. if team decides to relinquish the cap hold and bird rights on dd they can now offer max starting salary of 2M (amount bellow soft cap) to dd or any other fa

-during off-season free agency every gm can have no more then 2 players in the fa pool at one time. every gm can nominate up to one of his own players and up to one other player at one time which means there can be up to 24 player in the fa pool at one time

-each extra year adds 25% value to the average contract.
example:
10+10+10+10
equals
12.5+12.5+12.5
equals
15+15

-when offering contracts to free agents:
1) offers within 50% and 100% of the maximum have to be between 2 and 4 years long
2) offers within 25% and 49% of the maximum have to be between 2 and 3 years long
3) offers smaller then 25% of the maximum can go between 1 and 2 years

-team can't match other team's offer to unrestricted free agent, if it's able to outbid it. only situation where repeating existing offer is permitted is if team can't outbid current high offer under cap rules
example: when several teams over the cap are offering full mle or if more teams are offering max contract, for instance

-when a free agent receives more then one contract offer, he is awarded to a team based on next 3 criteria
1) he is awarded to a team that offers the highest average salary
2) if he receives two or more offers with same average salaries, he is awarded to team depending on offered contract length
-if the average salary is between 25% and 100% of the maximum he is awarded to a team that offers the longest contract
-if the average salary is lower then 25% of the maximum he is awarded to a team that offers the shortest contract
3) if 2 or more teams offer same contract length player is awarded to a team based on a point system defined bellow.
thinking behind this system is that when weighing offers players are looking for 3 things: to resign with current team, to play on a best team possible, to get as much play time as possible

-team that is trying to resign its own free agent, gets 10 points
-team success:
0) top 5 teams based on regular season standings form the season before last get 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 point respectively
1) current play-off winner gets 5 points
2) teams that end up 3rd, 5th and 7th in the play-offs get a point each
3) regular season winner gets 16 points
4) regular season runner up gets 14 points
5) team that ended up 3rd in regular season gets 13 points
6) team that ended up 4th in regular season gets 12 points
17) team that ended up 15th in regular season gets 1 point
-play time
1) if team has no players eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 15 points
2) if team has 1 player eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 11 points
3) if team has 2 players eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 6 points
4) if team has 3 players eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 2 point
5) if team has 4 or more players eligible to play fa's position under contract it gets 0 points
if a player is eligible for multiple positions, position that gives the team best chance to sign him is considered when calculating that teams point total. this means that different teams can attempt to "sign a player for a different position"
team with most points gets the player
in case of a tie:
1) resigning team gets the player
2) team with better regular season record wins
3) team with more pt points wins

if you have any questions post them here and i'll do my best to answer
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Free Agent Listing

Postby scully19 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Updated the list which now includes who is owned with bird rights (in red) and who that team is as well (in the comments).
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Trade blocks 2010/2011

Postby silentjim » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:38 pm

I'm looking to move Kevin Seraphin and potentially some guards (Jennings, Bayless) from my team if anyone is interested.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 565)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap