2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Uhhhh guys...sorry but it's me again...

Postby scully19 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:57 am

The site was mentioned as being down for 5-6 hours, and so Kal mentioned delaying the timing for 6 hours. Everything has passed now though, so the times are real again.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby scully19 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:59 am

BAM:

KalElen wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
scully19 wrote:So are we doing anything with allowing more people to be nominated?

EDIT: Also, I imagine the 24h deadlines are going to be extended because of site being down?

I wouldn't mind it especially since I expect some of us to be out of the bidding process really soon.

Kal, do we want to tack on approximately 6 hours to each bid or just give every bid another set amount of time?

yes we're gonna extend all players who haven't bid on after the down time by 6h. 4 players fall into that category. haywood, blatche, camby and splitter. hi-chi's bid on splitter is valid because of down time, although 24h have passed frpm so-tex' offer
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:06 am

I can vouch for the site being down as well. I couldn't get on the site at all yesterday until 5:16 pm central time, when I made a new bid on Ron Artest. Hi chi's bid came at 6:38 pm central time yesterday, so when you factor the site being down 5-6 hours, it's a legal bid.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 162)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:09 am

Yeah, you know I see that now. Apparently I haven't been getting email updates to the "Discussion" thread the way I thought I was supposed to be getting. Something probably clears you out if you don't post after a while. That's an issue I have with the site though, not the league.

And I'm not questioning the validity of hi-chi's bid - like I said, I kept on bidding as if the auction was still ongoing - under the assumption that time was added on, thus making his bid valid.

Still not really liking the set-up though - but I do agree, the positives out-weight the negatives.

I do feel a little more communication is in order though. I mean, if I'm gonna get pat on the wrist for posting in the "Winning Bids" thread (along with some of the other managers), then I should also be given some kind of notice that "Oh hey, by the way, we know the site was down last night/this morning, so we're adding 6 hours to each auction, just in case you didn't see the "Discussion" thread". ;-7

I'm not asking to be coddled...just better informed. Especially when it comes to something as serious as SITE DOWN TIME. }:-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:12 am

So my bid on Splitter doesnt count :-b B-) Didn't want him anyways but knew that knew that somebody (uhhhh So?) was a Spurs fan.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 145)

Postby scully19 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:15 am

You should try clicking on newest post in the season discussion thread, that way you go to where you left off and can catch up. :P
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:21 am

RocketsDWM wrote:So my bid on Splitter doesnt count :-b B-) Didn't want him anyways but knew that knew that somebody (uhhhh So?) was a Spurs fan.

Your bid for Splitter does count, and is currently leading. Hi chi's bid was valid, and your bid came about 6 hours after his bid. So your bid needs to be beat in the next two hours and twenty-eight minutes or you will own Splitter.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 162)

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:23 am

Hope So knows that
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby So-Tex » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:26 am

scully19 wrote:You should try clicking on newest post in the season discussion thread, that way you go to where you left off and can catch up. :P

Dude, but that's the point - I DO exactly that!

In fact, I have my account set up so I RECEIVE an email when a post has been made to a thread I've posted in - apparently it WORKS, because I'm responding here!

I do internet and web coding along with graphic design and other computer related stuff - that's why I'm able to do things like look into auction script which may help to make this whole process better.

So bring something else in to try and make me look stupid - but not that lame-ass "Duhhhhh...try clicking on the "new post" button...duhhhhhhh"... :-L

RocketsDWM wrote:Hope So knows that

Yes, Rockets, you're cool. Everything's on the up and up...lucky bastard! }:-) :-B :-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:38 am

Alright, lets have cooler heads prevail. No reason to make it personal now.

So - please don't take this the wrong way. But, as an active manager, it is your responsibility to check the thread if you want to stay abreast of all of the changes and news. Now I knowthat you had an issue with not receiving an alert from the cafe - fine but that does not preclude you from checking the message board once the site is back up, especially when the site was down and problems (e.g. site logging you out - did the same for me) can be rectified. And honestly, I dont want an email from Kal for key updates or my PM box here would be full. Best to post all updates in one central location (this message board) and place the onus on the owners to check it.

Again, please don't take that the wrong way. I dont want to start off on the wrong foot with any manager here. This appears to be a fantastic collection of great fantasy basketball minds and I would hate for to be foiled. Let's try to work together on some issues rather than fight amongst ourselves. I think we all realize there are some issues with the setup but if we are all patient we can rectify the issues in short order. I have high hopes for this league.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap