2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: Fenris-77, silentjim, RedHopeful, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Auction discussion

Postby nguy6280 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:02 am

Is the cap hit the average salary over the term or the salary for that particular year?
nguy6280
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:10 am

The average part is just to determine the winner of the auction. Salary cap is year by year, which is why the yearly salary is there.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 194)

Re: 10. Al Jefferson

Postby silentjim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:14 am

19.375M (18 +19.5 +20 +20)
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 632)

Re: 11. Chris Bosh

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:24 am

18M (18+18+18+18)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:29 am

KalElen wrote:if there is no more bids on lbj he will be awarded to DVauthrin in about 20h from now, because at that time it will be almost 50h since he was offered for auction (more then 48h) and 24h since the last valid bid on him

Yeah, and about 4 hours after that he'll get Wade too and his whole season will slide into the wood chipper because he spent 60+M on two guys. Pray for bids DV, pray for bids. ;-D

As a side note, the above was my worry about bidding on the top guys all at once. It's not by any stretch the end of the world, but you can get stuck with some ridiculous salary. Oh well.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 10. Al Jefferson

Postby coffeeman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:01 am

19.50(19+19+20+20)
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby ardilla » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:27 am

It will be two nice players for him to start though, and next year it is only 40M in salary. Also, various exceptions will come into play later and min contract is 250K, so it is still possible for him to work with it.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:05 am

ardilla wrote:It will be two nice players for him to start though, and next year it is only 40M in salary. Also, various exceptions will come into play later and min contract is 250K, so it is still possible for him to work with it.

Possible? Sure. But that doesn't make it a good idea. IMO a team constructed like that will find very difficult to retain their two key guys after year 2 given the points system in place for FAs. Just a thought of course, I'm sure DV has a master plan. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 am

there are always trades. in 16 team league, there are bound to be a few teams devoid of young top level talent so he can hold valuable trade chips until he gets satisfying offer. it will take a lot of fun out of draft for him, but this is new territory for most of us, so who's to say that it's not a great strategy at this point
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:44 pm

KalElen wrote:there are always trades. in 16 team league, there are bound to be a few teams devoid of young top level talent so he can hold valuable trade chips until he gets satisfying offer. it will take a lot of fun out of draft for him, but this is new territory for most of us, so who's to say that it's not a great strategy at this point

I wouldn't say that for sure at all, Heck, I currently have 40M in winning bids tied up in two guys, so I'm not far behind. I was speaking more about general strategy, and I see there being some issues fielding a competitive enough team to retain free agents in the year those guys will be available. Trades are always an option, of course.

It's not an impossible situation moving forward, but I think year one, at the very least, would be very difficult, and it would take some fancy footwork after that. Like I said though, I'm sure DV has a master plan - I'm just curious what it is (like he'd tell me :-D )
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap