2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Thabo Sefolosha

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:48 am

SoTex, just for future reference, I don't think you can offer multiple years since you are over the soft cap limit. I tried the same but it was deemed an illegal bid. Doesnt matter in this case since jim outbid you but figured I would post this.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 145)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Unfair and Unrealistic Having No INj Reserve

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:56 am

Fenris-77 wrote:After re-reading the details of the points system, I'm 100% convinced it's broken and needs to be fixed this offseason. :-t

The points system and the process for determing rookie picks does need to be overhauled. A summit in the off-season is the appropriate form of action. Also, totally unrelated, I am very much in favor of the Allan Houston rule (that was mentioned somewhere).
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 145)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:42 am

Really? I went back through all the rules and could have sworn I didn't see anything about it. I actually had the idea about a week or so ago, but Jim beat me to it in another post for another player.

I thought it wouldn't matter since I was only offering .25 straight across the board. If I had done something like .25 + .5, then it would be illegal because the average would come out to more than .25 - and since I'm over the soft cap, I can only offer more than .25 contracts.

It shouldn't mean I can't offer .25 every year, right? If so, that's another one which goes on my list for the off-season discucssion... ;-7 :-b
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 182)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:52 am

RocketsDWM wrote:SoTex, just for future reference, I don't think you can offer multiple years since you are over the soft cap limit. I tried the same but it was deemed an illegal bid. Doesnt matter in this case since jim outbid you but figured I would post this.

this is correct
going over the cap is possible: "due to offering min deal after mle is used up"

now min deal is not precisely defined (another side-effect of keeping rules as short as possible), but it is in fact one year .25M contract. nobody up until now interpreted it as .25+.25, but as i said it was never clearly defined, so i can understand the confucion. if you want to change this, it too can be addressed after this season

i will upgrade So-Tex' .25M+.25M into a legal bid worth .25M for one year and i will allow jim to change his offer into any valid offer that beats .25. dates of original bids will stand
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby So-Tex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:56 am

Thanks for the clarification, Kal. ;-D

And no worries - I'm not going to go off on some 1,000 word rant about that one. :-D

I do agree that it's simply a matter of voting on specifics, which can be done after this season.

Jim, here's a rare opportunity for you - a second chance - to up me by .01M! :-B
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 182)

Nick Young infraction - scully

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:28 pm

the bid:
Nick Young

Postby scully19 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:05 am

the add:
Dec 10 4:40am Nick Young (Was - SG,SF) Player notes Add Free Agents scully19

as a result scully gained an advantage in the match-up against So-Tex - young had 1 assist that helped tie the category. appropriate thread was open for over 48h so scully's claim on young was undisputed, but he picked the player over 4 hours earlier then he should have.

i have no choice but to punish scully for this:
starting today scully will not be allowed to place any 7 day or guaranteed bids for 2 weeks. furthermore if this infraction results in improvement in the final standings that improvement will be disregarded when assigning lottery odds for next draft and calculating points in the tie breaker points system

this penalty is harsher then one received by coffieman, because it directly affected league standings and might end up affecting who goes into play-offs. scully has the right to object to my ruling in which case league will be asked to make the final decision via vote
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 pm

So-Tex wrote:And no worries - I'm not going to go off on some 1,000 word rant about that one. :-D

glad to hear that. i'm gonna get an earful, i'm sure, with 2 penalties that i've passed today :-o
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Nick Young infraction - scully

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:53 pm

I see the point in penalizing, but i would have picked him up at the same day and gotten the same results having him on my team, so the standings would not have been affected in reality would they?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 192)

Postby KalElen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:11 pm

scully19 wrote:I see the point in penalizing, but i would have picked him up at the same day and gotten the same results having him on my team, so the standings would not have been affected in reality would they?

in my experience at the time you picked him (around 4am by my time, which is 11 or 10 pm est) you can still pick a player for tomorrow - which is what happened here, while around time that you won him you couldn't do that (9 am, gmt+1, 3 or 4 am est). yahoo doesn't have any specific time for "official changing between days", but the time window in question is exactly in the line of fire. one thing i'm 99% sure of, you had him playing on firday and had you picked him around 9am (my time) you would not be able to do that. i know because i usually wake up around that time and 1st thing i do after i turn on my comp is check mail and nba/fantasy and i can never add a player for friday at that time
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Those times don't indicate 48 hours? Am I missing something?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 530)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap