2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: next season

Postby KalElen » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:48 pm

silentjim wrote:Definitely shocking. I'll have to think about things to be honest. We've had a decent amount of inactivity and I'm thinking this could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

i'm still kind of shocked myself. i still enjoy this game, but the free time issue is now a huge problem and i don't anticipate it getting better any time soon. i was hoping to keep playing for many years to come, i would never have started this thing and go through all the trouble of setting it up and harassing other guys to help out, had i known that i'd be around for just two years. unfortunately 5 days a week i'm able to go through all the box-scores from previous night, and set the lineups and that's usually it. reading up on all the news and comments, running this league (thread/salary management and rules enforcement) and trying to think of trades/adds is now a luxury that i can rarely afford. after i get back from what comes down to 9.5h work day (including the commute) i have to read programming books and tutorials and little real free time that i do have left, i need to spend as far away from computer as possible in order to avoid going insane/blind. i hope the league can survive this, i know there are people here who know all the rules as well as i do if not better. hopefully one of them will step up. as i said i will be around to help out any way i can and hopefully ease the transition
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: next season

Postby hi chi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:52 pm

I am still interested in keeping the league up and running. I am looking forward to re-building my team. I have to admit it was a struggle for me to stay on top of this league as there was no real hope for over half the league by the 3/4 mark of the season, but still enjoyed trying to figure out a way to improve my team for the future. I would agree that being commish for a league like this would be tough and a job that is not easy to do. With any luck someone capable will be willing to do the job.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 132)

Re: Waived players thread 2010/2011

Postby KalElen » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Reggie Williams & J.J. Redick
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Ricky Rubio

Postby scully19 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 am

scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)

Re: Ricky Rubio

Postby KalElen » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:06 pm

i'm afraid i'm not gonna allow this. the issue of players not yet in the league and their scl eligibility will have to be regulated by the league and the incoming commish
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scully19 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:44 am

I wondered whether I would hear about this. Frankly I don't think it should be a problem which is why i did it, because if someone drafted a european in the past couple years that didn't come over, they wouldn't just lose the player, they would have had their spot on their roster held with cash spent. That's why no one drafted any europeans they didn't KNOW were coming, because they didn't want to pay them anything and not have them play. Well I do, for the right's to hold him as a player next year to bid on.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 am

I don't get it. You wouldnt even retain bird rights with this bid. Technically though he is on an NBA squad as the T'wolves own his rights. So I guess in that sense the bid is legal.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:52 am

I wouldn't be able to match any bid, but i would be able to not use the MLE.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:56 pm

scully19 wrote:I wouldn't be able to match any bid, but i would be able to not use the MLE.

I don't get what you're trying to say.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby KalElen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:20 pm

scully19 wrote:I wouldn't be able to match any bid, but i would be able to not use the MLE.

you wouldn't get the bird rights which is only way to sign a player without using mle after you're over the cap (that and min offers)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap