2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: next season

Postby barrec » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:38 pm

KalElen wrote:i'm sorry to say this guys, but i'm probably going to quit fbb after this season. i've recently got my first job, so my free time went from limited to barely any. i might try to keep a league or two (i've got one with weekly moves and one roto which take up significantly less of my time), but eve that doesn't seem likely right now. this one is the most time consuming and i can say with certainty that i won't be back next year. i hope i'm giving you enough time to elect a new commish and keep the league going. i will stay around as long as it takes to help new commish take over, but you should probably do a roll call and those who wouldn't mind taking on commish duties should come forward

I am sorry to hear that, Kal! I appreciate the work you have done with this league and that you have always been willing to adjust rules to make it better.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Ricky Rubio

Postby scully19 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:41 pm

Someone I sign now wouldn't be part of my roster going into next year?

To make this more simple to explain, everyone remember resigning players that were on your team but were listed as red, so you could spend more than min and not sue the mle to sign these players. This wouldn't work here?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 194)

Postby silentjim » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:56 pm

scully19 wrote:Someone I sign now wouldn't be part of my roster going into next year?

To make this more simple to explain, everyone remember resigning players that were on your team but were listed as red, so you could spend more than min and not sue the mle to sign these players. This wouldn't work here?

-teams receive bird rights on their own free agent if that player played whole previous season without being waved. this means that teams get bird rights on all free agents who play entire year on one contract, regardless of whether they signed free agent to that contract, or traded for him during season. bird rights allow teams to go over soft cap when resigning a free agent and to offer up to 15% yearly increases/decreases, as long as it doesn’t exceed maximum/minimum yearly salary limitation. other teams can offer up to 10% increases or decreases with same limitations

The only exception we had for players in red, were rookies who were drafted if I recall.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 633)

Postby KalElen » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:57 pm

silentjim wrote:
scully19 wrote:Someone I sign now wouldn't be part of my roster going into next year?

-teams receive bird rights on their own free agent if that player played whole previous season without being waved. this means that teams get bird rights on all free agents who play entire year on one contract, regardless of whether they signed free agent to that contract, or traded for him during season. bird rights allow teams to go over soft cap when resigning a free agent and to offer up to 15% yearly increases/decreases, as long as it doesn’t exceed maximum/minimum yearly salary limitation. other teams can offer up to 10% increases or decreases with same limitations

The only exception we had for players in red, were rookies who were drafted if I recall.

;-D
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby TheRobSays » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 pm

I would really like to continue this and perhaps we can dumb it down a bit to make it much less labour intenstive for all of us. Maybe make every spot active so you dont need to do daily lineup changes. Make everyone post there salaries weekly in the cafe = less work for the GM.

Just throwing ideas out?
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

Postby scully19 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Bah, I remember this stuff now, but did not before. Oh well. Thx for not allowing it then.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Waived players thread 2010/2011

Postby scully19 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Waiving Gilbert Arenas and Charlie Villanueva, not replacing them now since I am not playing against anyone regardless.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scully19 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:12 pm

We've discussed other ways to make it a little bit labour intensive like having weekly lineup changes, these can be brought up once we are more firm on even playing next year.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hi chi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:52 pm

If we are playing you can count me in...I also have one other guy who I have played with for about 5 years and he is very into this kind of league and loves more leagues like this one.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 131)

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:30 am

Whatever it takes to have this league run next year, I'm in.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap