Postby coffeeman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:04 am

7 Days
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: next season

Postby dasein » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:17 am

I'm also happy to return, especially because I don't want my first ever bottom half finish to be for nothing. I think there is real risk of this thing falling apart though. In the course of my wheeling and dealing, I've heard from one or 2 guys (apart from Kal) that sounded like they might want to chuck it in. Maybe the first step is to have a sound off (which we are sort of doing already) to ascertain how many numbers we actually have going forward.

Also, I imagine if we bang our heads together we can come up with a number of ways to make this less work, and more enjoyable. But first things first- do we have a league still?
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 397)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:24 pm

On the one hand, I'm sorry to read this Kal, but on the other, I'm happy you seem to have a solid direction in life and you're doing everything possible to make it a success. Who knows, maybe after a year or two you'll have more time on your hands and be able to give FBB more attention again.

As far as this league, w/o a doubt it needs a really hands on manager. Just don't see how we can dumb it down enough while sticking to the same concept. I myself don't have the time neither for such a large undertaking as commish. If no one is unable to come forward and dedicate the time, I don't see how it can continue.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 673)

Postby KalElen » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:30 pm

thanx for the understanding guys. as i said i still enjoy the game (especially this minor scare i'm putting on the coffiman right now :)) and i hope to come back out of retirement when opportunity arises

i think hi chi should invite his friend to take my place. and as for running the league, i agree with red. when an issue arises, there needs to be somebody who will take action and rally other gms. you could get away with several of you getting mod privileges for the board and managing the threads, but every now and then a rule will need interpreting or tweaking and somebody is gonna need to take the lead
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Aaron Brooks

Postby silentjim » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:08 pm

.25K + .25K
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 660)

Gilbert Arenas

Postby silentjim » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:09 pm

25K + 25K
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scully19 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:01 pm

In most cases I think a majority vote could be able to handle most decisions. I don't know if we need a single dedicated person to do most of the things or can have things spread out to make everything easier for everyone. Everyone does a tiny bit of the commish's job.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

Check-in Thread

Postby silentjim » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Please check-in here officially so we can get started on what we need to for this upcoming off season and so forth.

RedHopeful
Scully19
Markos
silentjim
DVauthrin
RocketsDWM
dasein
barrec
dch17
hi chi
KalElen
coffeeman
So-Tex
snakehuynh
TheRobSays
Fenris-77
silentjim

Re: Check-in Thread

Postby scully19 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm

RedHopeful
Scully19
Markos
silentjim
DVauthrin
RocketsDWM
dasein
barrec