2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Amnesty Clause

Postby scully19 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:57 am

I think that's a great idea on setting the limit, as long as the person planned to drop is reasonable (by reasonable, I mean not dropping a 20M player because you don't like him anymore and he isn't quite worth that). I think if someone chooses a player on their team to drop that is 20M that is too high a number for every team to drop. If this is the plan we should just have a quick survey in here about who they want to drop with this clause (once decided we are doing it) to find the number.

That's exactly what I was thinking with regards to amount of players dropped, where someone could recreate half their team by dropping a bunch of cheap guys. 2 or 3 guys is a good limit for me as well, although if I'm picking I'm leaning at 2.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Blind Waiver System - Proposals Welcome

Postby scully19 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:08 am

That's an intriguing proposal there, I'm not entirely sold on it and would rather, but don't hate it and would have to think on it more.

I'm inclined to stay closer to the current system to do our best at mimicking the league still, unless something sort of requires moving from mimic (like the rich getting richer free agency)
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:57 am

It depends if it really want to mimic the NBA or not (frankly, I don't think we have to mirror the NBA as long as we create rules that work for us). Initially, I was thinking of managers only having the ability to rid themselves of one contract. But, if we are not stringent on following the NBA, 2 seems reasonable. Would this be a yearly deal or is this a one-time deal?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: European Draft picks

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:57 am

scully19 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Works for me. So Rubio would be available to draft this year, right?

I believe Rubio will be available to auction.

Even better.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Re: Blind Waiver System - Proposals Welcome

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:02 am

I'm a salary cap novice but...if you are over the soft cap, you can only allocate your remaining dollars (between the soft cap and the hard cap number) to either your FA's (via bird rights), trading for players or signing players to min. contracts, right? You essentially cannot bid beyond the min. contract in the bidding process once you are beyond the soft cap. Thats my understanding anyways.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:06 am

After looking at some of the rosters, I think some teams should be able to waive contracts over 12. So-Tex should be able to scratch Calderon off the books. No one should be saddled with that contract and it would provide ample flexibility for Tex to go out and be competitive, starting this year.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:16 am

Went through the rosters and this is what I figure the managers might use the amnesty clause on:

Red - Maybe Brook Lopez 15M
Scully - Yao (11), Devin Harris (13), Anthony Randolph (11)
Markos - No idea
Silentjim - No idea
Dvauthrin - Maybe Joe Johnson (11)
Rockets - None
Dasein - Caron Butler (13)
barrec - No idea
dch - Brandon Roy (19)
hi chi - Chauncey Billips (12)
Kal - No idea
coffee - None
So Tex - Jose Calderon (17)
snake - Maybe Kevin Martin (12)
Rob - None
fenris - Maybe Chris Bosh (18)

Complete guesses but it gives us a starting point.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:46 am

I definitely prefer the idea of something like this rather than starting the league over so to speak with a new draft. I think the best idea would be to allow for 1 contract waiver - 2 if you're a new owner per year.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Re: European Draft picks

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:51 am

Sounds fine but going forward, how do we want to handle all international players? Only be allowed to draft them when they actually enter the NBA or be able to put some kind of rights on them regardless on when they come to the States?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Draft picks (Non-Guaranteed Contracts)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:59 am

I'd almost be willing to not guarantee first round contracts either. Those picking towards the end of the round are usually stuck with some expensive project (like I was last season with Larry Sanders). In reality, there are better players I'd rather pick up during the auction process than take on some rookie. We don't have 30 teams like the NBA so the talent pool is much nicer.
RedHopeful

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap