2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: European Draft picks

Postby scully19 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:00 am

Well if they go through the draft then IMO it should always be through the draft that they get assigned. If they join in free agency then there should be some type of bidding.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 186)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Amnesty Clause

Postby scully19 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:03 am

Per year? I don't like that idea at all. We are doing an amnesty to restore some balance, but I don't think this should be an annual event.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Blind Waiver System - Proposals Welcome

Postby scully19 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 am

You forgot MLE as well, but yes that is the gist of it.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Draft picks (Non-Guaranteed Contracts)

Postby scully19 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:08 am

Would that still be your opinion if we had a position for a development player on the roster? Make first round first year contract guaranteed with a development spot that they could occupy, and have the 2nd year a team option for all first rounders as well, so they can be dumped after the first year if you want with no real loss.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: NOW VOTING!!! Lets roll with weekly lineups NOW VOTING!!

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:09 am

My vote goes towards keeping the daily changes if we reduce the number of counting slots. I like this idea better than keeping the existing format and going to weekly. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 603)

Postby silentjim » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:13 am

scully19 wrote:Per year? I don't like that idea at all. We are doing an amnesty to restore some balance, but I don't think this should be an annual event.

I think Red meant if someone takes over for a team next season he or she should be given the option to waive two contracts. Not that everyone would get to, just new owners.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 565)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:59 am

I like the idea of drafting international players instead of bidding. In order to be drafted, they need to be selected by an NBA team.

What about - an international spot and a developmental spot for each team? Sort of like a 2 player D-League team.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:31 am

silentjim wrote:
scully19 wrote:Per year? I don't like that idea at all. We are doing an amnesty to restore some balance, but I don't think this should be an annual event.

I think Red meant if someone takes over for a team next season he or she should be given the option to waive two contracts. Not that everyone would get to, just new owners.

Right, sorry for the lack of clarity. O:-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:33 am

RocketsDWM wrote:I like the idea of drafting international players instead of bidding. In order to be drafted, they need to be selected by an NBA team.

What about - an international spot and a developmental spot for each team? Sort of like a 2 player D-League team.

I like this idea.
RedHopeful

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:46 am

RedHopeful wrote:Sounds fine but going forward, how do we want to handle all international players? Only be allowed to draft them when they actually enter the NBA or be able to put some kind of rights on them regardless on when they come to the States?

I think we should be able to draft them in their draft year, otherwise they count as free agents. A team can takre their chances in the year he available, but after that it's as if he'd gone undrafted (which in our league he did) which means he's a FA and not available in the rookie draft.

That said, I also think we should stick with the NBA here and take off the cap hold once that player is under contract outside the NBA. I suppose that the team that drafts him would be forced to add him to the roster and pay him rookie scale whenever he does get to the NBA though.

I'm starting to be not in favour of 'slots' of any kind that are tracked outside of Yahoo. I like the simplicity f using the Y! interface to check the FA pool. If we reduce the active slots (or go weekly) guys will have the bench space to carry rookies and this won't be an issue (plus my suggestion above about drafted players not playing in the NBA).
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap