2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: European Draft picks

Postby Markos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:37 pm

+1 ;-D

I like the idea of being able to retain the rights to an unsigned guy, so long it's not at the expense of any inactive slots, nor at the cost of contaminating the free agent pool in yahoo! If the keeper tag is able to be added/removed midseason we should be able to manage it fairly effortlessly.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Draft lottery

Postby silentjim » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 pm

No complaints as long as someone can implement the odds somehow to real life. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 726)

Re: Lets roll with weekly lineups ~ INACTIVE ROSTER SLOTS

Postby silentjim » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:14 pm

I should clarify that as long as we have during the season only one day to add players (The Sunday or Saturday before so you could have the player for a full week) and that process is along the lines of the blind waiver system, that I could care less if we have weekly or daily lineup changes.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Free agency & 7 day contract deadline/changes

Postby silentjim » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:29 pm

This all sounds good. Let's do 7 day contracts that are handled blind waiver style with actual bids always trumping 7 day bids. Also agree that we should halt transactions at some point before the playoffs begin.
silentjim

Re: Should we hold a redraft (Poll)?

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 pm

No. Part of the challenge is building a competitive team. If you have a bad team, you should challenge yourself to rebuild it into a contender, not look for an easy way out.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 163)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:23 pm

No for me - Amnesty clause plus a few other tweaks should be given a chance first.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:32 pm

silentjim wrote:This all sounds good. Let's do 7 day contracts that are handled blind waiver style with actual bids always trumping 7 day bids. Also agree that we should halt transactions at some point before the playoffs begin.

Ditto.

I'd argue we need additional parameters on min deals and 7 day contracts outside of the playoffs (except for teams hit hard with injury). What should they be?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby silentjim » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:19 pm

RedHopeful wrote:No for me - Amnesty clause plus a few other tweaks should be given a chance first.

This is why I voted No as well.
silentjim

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
silentjim wrote:This all sounds good. Let's do 7 day contracts that are handled blind waiver style with actual bids always trumping 7 day bids. Also agree that we should halt transactions at some point before the playoffs begin.

Ditto.

I'd argue we need additional parameters on min deals and 7 day contracts outside of the playoffs (except for teams hit hard with injury). What should they be?

My suggestion would be to combine a weekly moves limit and a season max moves limit together. For example, let's say you set weekly moves at 3 per week, with a max moves(all free agent acquisition) limit. That gives an injury riddled team a chance to pick up 3 7 day contract guys for the few weeks they need them, but at the expense of moves later on when their team gets healthy.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Draft lottery

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm

As long as there is a simulator where we can implement these odds, I like this idea.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap