2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: European Draft picks

Postby hi chi » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:26 pm

I think Fenris' summary sounds good to me. It makes a lot of sense with so many Euros in the draft this year (and in future years?).
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 131)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Draft picks (Non-Guaranteed Contracts)

Postby hi chi » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:30 pm

I like this as well. I don't see people cheating on this in the league as we are all pretty much active and seeing what is going on.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 131)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:57 am

hi chi wrote:I think Fenris' summary sounds good to me. It makes a lot of sense with so many Euros in the draft this year (and in future years?).

agreed. I like Fenris's suggestion.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

The Committee Thread

Postby Markos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Having commished a salaried keeper league for 5 seasons I have a fair idea of what needs to be done to keep a league rolling along. With that said I feel my involvement here must remain limited, as a father of 4 and a commish elsewhere I simply cannot devote as much time here as I would otherwise like. The rule change discussions are coming along nicely, but I think it's time we work out who exactly is on committee, and what their role will be.

Here's some possible roles:

Forum Manager, someone to handle the forums, moving posts etc. Current moderators are silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, and DVauthrin, so probably covered here already, but it might be helpful if one of you guys takes up a lead role and focus on it, letting the other guys tackle the other tasks. With that said all committee members could probably do with mod status here.

League Commissioner setting up the (Yahoo! or ESPN?) league, adding rosters etc. I think yahoo! allow for co-commish but at the risk of both commissioners hoping the other guy takes care of things it might be easier to just let 1 GM take care of it. Most of the work here is in the preseason, with the exception of some occasional roster edits, and occasionally checking the benches.

League Auditor, managing the googledocs site and occasionally checking team salaries. Self explanatory really, while rotating inactive guys on/off your bench is pretty obvious, salary cap breaches can be easily missed. It's really a matter of checking a teams cap situation just before the start of the season, plus after any trades or free agent moves, and making sure everything is legit.

League Attorney Redraft the rules with all the final changes, and redraft them well. They need to be clear, concise, yet cover everything. Purely a preseason task, but experience tells me a difficult and very important one.

League Secretary, setting the league schedule, setting dates for the lottery, draft, trade deadline, start/end of free agency etc. Ultimately, we need to have some established dates so everyone knows when they need to haul their asses back in here. This is preseason only, someone could probably manage this and also act as.....

Recruiting Officer Occasionally checking activity levels and finding replacement GM's where necessary.

Not sure if there are some other tasks I missed, makes you realise how much Kal did the last two seasons. Anyhow, throw in your 2c, maybe we can redefine these roles where necessary and hopefully get some folks to stick their hands up.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 6)

Re: The Committee Thread

Postby silentjim » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:10 pm

I think we can condense those, but I like where you're going.

We potentially need someone to be penalty enforcer as well.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Re: The Committee Thread

Postby So-Tex » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:54 pm

silentjim wrote:I think we can condense those, but I like where you're going.

We potentially need someone to be penalty enforcer as well.

+1 ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby So-Tex » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Now I've got a headache... :*) :-B ;-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Should we hold a redraft (Poll)?

Postby So-Tex » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 pm

hi chi wrote:I agree, amnesty should be tried before blowing everything up.

I'm actually on the fence with this one, but it's more so because I really don't mind a redraft - I just like being in on the ground floor of things is all. ;-)

But I did vote no for the reason hi chi noted above - changes should be debated and made before we resort to a reboot of any kind.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby So-Tex » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:29 pm

This probably deserves it's own thread, but what about the idea of offering non-guaranteed contracts to current FAs in the FA pool? We could even make it part of the bidding process, where a guaranteed contract can beat out a non-guaranteed one as long as it falls within reason.

I've got most of this idea flushed out in my mind (at least I think I do), with a few things needing some more thought. If the idea is welcomed, I'd be happy to start a new thread for it.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Markos » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Go for it.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 6)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap