2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: The Committee Thread

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:14 am

That looks dead sexy scully. You are the right man for the job. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:That looks dead sexy scully. You are the right man for the job. ;-D

Agreed. That looks really sleek, scully.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 163)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:02 pm

The look is nothing, thats the front end that you guys will all see. This thing is going to become almost fully automated that it will take me very little time to keep teams up to date, and can keep track of FA's and waived players very easily. For instance, if you waive a player, I highlight him in gray and hit a button, that player gets put in the waived player tab and his salary is automaticall multiplied by 0.75 for the first year and 0.5 for the second on. Then I change his team to FA and make him white again, then hit a button and the team that dropped him gets automatically updated with all the new information just there (I've got all this set up so far). All the salaries and team changes are made on the players tab and then get added to everything else.

Once the layout is finilized i can just duplicate the team tab and almost be done.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 200)

Postby Markos » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:44 am

That's wicked, might ask you a few questions about that later and try to incorporate a similar thing in my own league's salary data.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 7)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Markos wrote:I agree at the end of the day someone has to be in charge. We could go with a commish by committee approach, but I'd be happy for Fenriss to take on the commish role singularly and below him we form an extended committee taking up roles similar to what I outlined above, essentially farming out some of the work. We expand the role of the commish as I wrote it to essentially lead the league, particularly during any major disputes or crisis moments, calling on the support and advice of the committee members as appropriate.

Second the nomination for Fenris as commish.

Also, second the nomination for Scully as Salary Cap Auditor. Seems to be on it already, with Barrec helping there too.

Lastly, I'll nominate Red to manage the forums. I think he did this last season so would be happy for him to carry on in this regard.

Sorry I'm late to this party - things got a little hectic last week. Yeah, I'd be down to keeping this forum up-to-date/clean/etc. I'm fine with either Fenris or a committe approach too.

Scully, thank you for putting in the work on the spreadsheet - looks good like the others have said. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:37 am

I think the committe approach would be best. I'm diving into another complicated salary cap league over on RealGm this year, plus I already commish two other leagues (and play in way too many) and I just launched a fanatsy hoops blog. I don't think I'll have time to solo commish this bad boy. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Re: Amnesty Clause

Postby hi chi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 am

I think we need to remember that the amnesty is not about helping managers who have badly managed their teams. It is not for everyone. It is for players that have inherited teams that have been badly managed before they took control. For this reason I wouldn't agree with caping the amnesty. If we were talking a league wide amnesty then I would agree with a cap, but with what we are talking about I don't think it is a good idea.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 132)

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 pm

hi chi wrote:I think we need to remember that the amnesty is not about helping managers who have badly managed their teams. It is not for everyone. It is for players that have inherited teams that have been badly managed before they took control. For this reason I wouldn't agree with caping the amnesty. If we were talking a league wide amnesty then I would agree with a cap, but with what we are talking about I don't think it is a good idea.

We are talking about doing a league wide amnesty though. There wasn't much support for just allowing you guys that inherited teams to cut one bad contract.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm also willing to be part of a committee approach to running this league.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

Postby scully19 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 pm

What about a combination of the 2 ideas? No cap for inherited teams (with maybe 1 player only though) and a 10 mill cap for the other teams?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 200)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap