2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Roll Call

Postby 4ndrew » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:32 pm

I must say I like the "vibe" from this league. Lots of interesting discussions and enthusiasm, quite unlike the other cafe league I joined last year - absolute silence on the forums for the entire season.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby cnote23 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:59 pm

I am in if you have a opening ;-D
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby dasein » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:15 am

Hey cnote. We surely do, so welcome. That means only 1 space left to fill. ;-D

I guess that you guys should get to pick from the available teams, with 4ndrew getting first pick and cnote second.

You can find the rosters here (thanks to scully):
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=d04866c6 ... 1D1C%21264

the available teams are:
- KalElen
- dch17
- coffeeman
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Re: New Rules Summary Thread

Postby dasein » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:33 am

With 1 space left, its looking likely we'll have 16. This means we gotta get the rules up soon so the new guys have a chance to get their sea legs before we dive in to free agency. This means we gotta agree on:

1. Tie Break system. My proposal (see link) still hasn't been commented on outside of Markos.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... Dpz1RnVlro

2. Roster makeup. I have a proposal for this too (top of pg 4 of this thread). Only DV has commented on this so far.

Once we have these 2, I think most of the other stuff falls into place around it. I will try and write the new rules up this weekend if we can have agrement on the above before then.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby 4ndrew » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:36 am

We get a choice?? Wow ok I can live with that :)

I can't access the skydrive document - tells me permission denied. Is this google spreadsheet up to date? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _US#gid=11

Btw if we reboot as some are suggesting elsewhere, wouldn't that make the choice of team somewhat meaningless?
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby So-Tex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:07 am

4ndrew wrote:Btw if we reboot as some are suggesting elsewhere, wouldn't that make the choice of team somewhat meaningless?

It would...except that we're considering keeping a few players from our respective rosters.

So, if we DO reboot, you would probably get to choose 2 or 3 players you already have under contract.

It's still just something we're considering so it won't be such a loss to those who have been in the league the longest.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 216)

Re: New Rules Summary Thread

Postby So-Tex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 am

dasein wrote:1. Tie Break system. My proposal (see link) still hasn't been commented on outside of Markos.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... Dpz1RnVlro

Google docs is saying the document doesn't exsist. Maybe double check your link, D. I think something got left off or split up wrong in the coding.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 216)

Re: Bidding, Tie Breaks, Salary tidbits

Postby 4ndrew » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 am

Clarification question - how does the bidding process work when there's a big name FA on the market that would obviously attract the max $, for example Durant. Everyone would bid $20 mil, so who gets him? The person who bidded first, or the previous owner (assuming they put in a $20 mil bid)?
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby cnote23 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:27 am

Great I will look at the rosters tonight some reason i can't open the page at work.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Re: Bidding, Tie Breaks, Salary tidbits

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:53 am

dasein wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:
... after more thought, I'm more in favor of using the previous bidding system. It's extremely nice to be able to see where your money is going and how to plan accordingly(adding bids, dropping bids)

If the majority wants blind bidding i'll go along with it, but i'm formally changing my vote. What we would have to do is either change the 24 hour requirement to hold the winning bid...

I think I'm in this camp too. I'm not really a fan of the blind bidding with the flavor that seems to be favoured here. So with DV and me switching votes to open bidding, that probably gives it the majority.

And I'm ok with being able to buy out players using cap space. I think the buy out would still have to be 75% of the 1st year, 50% of the 2nd etc...and for this reason I doubt it would be used all that much, but it could still be a useful addition to the rules.

Add me to this camp as well.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap