2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: New Rules Summary Thread

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:06 am

dasein wrote:With 1 space left, its looking likely we'll have 16. This means we gotta get the rules up soon so the new guys have a chance to get their sea legs before we dive in to free agency. This means we gotta agree on:

1. Tie Break system. My proposal (see link) still hasn't been commented on outside of Markos.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... Dpz1RnVlro

2. Roster makeup. I have a proposal for this too (top of pg 4 of this thread). Only DV has commented on this so far.

Once we have these 2, I think most of the other stuff falls into place around it. I will try and write the new rules up this weekend if we can have agrement on the above before then.

I'm good with your tie break system.

The only contentious issue for me is the blind bidding.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:25 am

dasein wrote:With 1 space left, its looking likely we'll have 16. This means we gotta get the rules up soon so the new guys have a chance to get their sea legs before we dive in to free agency. This means we gotta agree on:

1. Tie Break system. My proposal (see link) still hasn't been commented on outside of Markos.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... Dpz1RnVlro

2. Roster makeup. I have a proposal for this too (top of pg 4 of this thread). Only DV has commented on this so far.

Once we have these 2, I think most of the other stuff falls into place around it. I will try and write the new rules up this weekend if we can have agrement on the above before then.

I'm fine with the roster makeup you proposed and your tiebreaker system as well.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Re: Roll Call

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:28 am

15. snake

snakehuynh wrote:Count me in, just reading through the rules and ideas.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Re: Roll Call

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:45 am

I think we have 16 now.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Re: Bidding, Tie Breaks, Salary tidbits

Postby Markos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:15 am

Why not leave the system as is, allow 24 hours before a bid is unbeaten, or perhaps reduce it to 12, and in the event we reach ie. Dec 20th and we have only worked through half the players we can finish off the remainder with the blind bidding system that weekend? I'm happy enough to stick with open bidding, even though my preference would be to go private, but I don't think extending auctions 5-10 minutes per bid is going to work out very well, real life is going to get in the way all too often for too many GM's. Between having a full-time job with only occasional access to the net on my phone, plus 4 kids and a wife, and 4 pre-xmas (and counting) to attend, there is going to be a lot of time when I simply cannot be online. ANd I doubt I'm alone there.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Markos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:19 am

Yeah, I'm fine with both too.
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:21 am

Should we just up the number of players you can place up for auction at one time?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby 4ndrew » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:41 am

I lean towards private bidding because you don't have to be online at a certain time - you put your bid in and that's it. Extending the deadline for open bidding simply means late bids for an extra 10 minutes, don't see what that achieves.

If the consensus is open bidding though I'll be happy with that.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Markos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 am

I like this guy ;-D

I'd be happy enough to go back to open bidding in time, but I really think with the time crunch we a re facing blind bidding is the better option for the preseason, and once we get rolling we can have a vote and swing back to open bidding if the majority prefers. If we do roll with open bidding though I seriously hope we extend the auctions by 12 hours.
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:58 am

We don't have time to piss around here, so lets can blind bidding for this year and just get the auction going with the current rules. Why don't we just get a FA list and put 10 guys up to start and then add a guy every time one finishes. If we did the top 50 or 60 guys that way we'd be close to done. We could stagger the list to keep the high end FAs seperate and we'd be done PDQ.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap