rockets
dasein
so-tex
markos
barrec
TheRobSays
scully19
hi chi

That's 15, with nobody having heard from coffeeman.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Rules Summary Thread

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:18 am

Fenris-77 wrote:We don't have time to piss around here, so lets can blind bidding for this year and just get the auction going with the current rules. Why don't we just get a FA list and put 10 guys up to start and then add a guy every time one finishes. If we did the top 50 or 60 guys that way we'd be close to done. We could stagger the list to keep the high end FAs seperate and we'd be done PDQ.

Like the way you think. I can get the free agent list done right now.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Bidding, Tie Breaks, Salary tidbits

Postby dasein » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:43 am

Markos wrote:Why not... reduce it to 12, and in the event we reach ie. Dec 20th and we have only worked through half the players we can finish off the remainder with the blind bidding system that weekend? .... Between having a full-time job with only occasional access to the net on my phone, plus 4 kids and a wife, and 4 pre-xmas (and counting) to attend, there is going to be a lot of time when I simply cannot be online. ANd I doubt I'm alone there.

Fair enough.

12 hrs is plenty better than 24. I'd be happy to roll with this, and speed things up if needed. ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:53 am

So-Tex wrote:
dasein wrote:1. Tie Break system. My proposal (see link) still hasn't been commented on outside of Markos.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... Dpz1RnVlro

Google docs is saying the document doesn't exsist. Maybe double check your link, D. I think something got left off or split up wrong in the coding.

The ...DPzblahblahblah doesn't get included in the link for some reason. If you copy the whole line and paste it in your browser it should work. ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 369)

Re: Roll Call

Postby 4ndrew » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:54 am

Having looked at the free teams, if an amnesty rule is adopted I'd take over dch17's team rather than Kal's, and Roy would be waived under the amnesty. If not ... I don't know, will need to think some more.

Edit: The above was posted on the assumption that Kal's team wouldn't be able to keep Durant, but DV now informs me that he can using dasein's TB system. Soooo ... if that's the case, I'll stick with Kal's team :)
Last edited by 4ndrew on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Re: Roll Call

Postby Markos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:56 am

Out of interest, I have JR Smith but obviously he's out for the season playing in China.

Do I still have to pay him this season, or do I just pick up from where we left off once he returns? This probably applies to whoever owns Aaron Brooks, Kenyon Martin and Wilson Chandler too.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Markos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:58 am

Then I think we're ready to roll, just need to knock up the rules. Let me know if you want some help writing them up
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 5)

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:03 am

Markos wrote:Then I think we're ready to roll, just need to knock up the rules. Let me know if you want some help writing them up

here's the free agent groups that i came up with as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... GJXazFCenc
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:23 am

If we reduce the auction lag to 12 hours from 24, and roll FAs off a list rather than by acclamation, then we should be able to get something finished in time. We've already talked about upping the min bid amounts, and that'll help too - a lot of last season's silliness was people playing roshambo in 10K increments.

I'd like to see something like 50K increments under 500K, 100K increments under 4-5M and 250K increments from there up.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:24 am

dasein wrote:1. Tie Break system. My proposal (see link) still hasn't been commented on outside of Markos.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... Dpz1RnVlro

Didn't I say I thought it looked good?
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap