2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: Fenris-77, silentjim, RedHopeful, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Roll Call

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:23 pm

So-Tex wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:I've had no luck so far finding another GM. So-Tex, u think anyone from buser's place would be interested?

I'll see if I can help DV push it over there. I noticed that he actually registered the other day and posted it to the "Classifieds".

I applaud the effort, and out of respect, I decided not to chime in and "step on his toes". :-D

Of course, I don't know if DV was aware that I'm a mod over there... :-B :-) B-)

By all means step on my toes and no I didn't know you were a mod over there. I'm just trying to get this league full so we can start our offseason ASAP. I will not rest until the goal is met.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:54 pm

DVauthrin wrote:By all means step on my toes and no I didn't know you were a mod over there. I'm just trying to get this league full so we can start our offseason ASAP. I will not rest until the goal is met.

I LOVE that determination and dedication sounded in your voice there... ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 188)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Team options / Non guaranteed contracts

Postby Markos » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Spoke with dasein, he asked me to work out what to do with regards to team options and/or non-guaranteed contracts.

I think there was something written earlier about them but I'm stuffed if I can find it, if you guys can help me out and point me in the right direction, or just reiterate the posts in here or propose an idea of your own it'd be muchly appreciated.
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 6)

Postby 4ndrew » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:37 pm

If no-one can be found, would you like me to ask if anyone in another league I've played in for several years would like to join? I can't promise there'd be any takers, but I didn't want to ask them if someone was already confident of recruiting a GM.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Markos » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

I had a few guys enquire about my league a while back but didn't end up having vacancies for them, I;ve emailed them all and given them the link, see if one of them shows up.

Worst comes to worst we can just run it on autopilot till we get someone, but theyre gonna miss out on free agency obviously
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 6)

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah, by all means guys, if you know of someone who is interested, reel him in! B-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 673)

Re: Team options / Non guaranteed contracts

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Here are my suggestions(couldn't find anything on these subjects):

Second round rookies= only non guaranteed contracts.

I'd recommend team options on the final year of 2 and 3 year contracts, and on years 3 and 4 of 4 year contracts. I'd also make the buyout(to not exercise the option), 25% of his salary that year if in the final year of his contract. If he has the final 2 years of a 4 year contract remaining, the buyout is 50% of his year 3 salary.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:58 pm

4ndrew wrote:If no-one can be found, would you like me to ask if anyone in another league I've played in for several years would like to join? I can't promise there'd be any takers, but I didn't want to ask them if someone was already confident of recruiting a GM.

absolutely, by all means ask away. we have no strong leads right now.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

Re: Team options / Non guaranteed contracts

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:40 am

Sounds good.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 147)

2011/12 'Star Players'

Postby dasein » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:33 am

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

I had to redo the list because I didn't have the setting quite right the first time. The list in the link above should be considered the official list. I'll have to update the rules to reflect the new values too; the values I put in the 1st draft are too low because the settings weren't right when I first toyed with the idea.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 397)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap