2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Amnesty Players

Postby barrec » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 am

Rashard Lewis. Once voted to the All-Sonics team by fans.

I miss the Sonics.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Basketball

I Need Managers for a Roto Auction league

Postby dasein » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:55 am

I have 3 spots left in a 12 team, standard 9 cat, Roto redraft league.

The draft will be a live auction. Time yet to be determined.

Let me know if you want to play and I'll send an invite (easiest way).

If you know somebody who might be interested, let me know that too. I prefer not to open it to the masses.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby cnote23 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 am

barrec wrote:Rashard Lewis. Once voted to the All-Sonics team by fans.

I miss the Sonics.

your not the only on being a blazers fan watching the sonics - blazers games was awsome in the late 80's and early 90's.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:39 pm

cnote23 wrote:Brandon Roy hard choice

If Roy retires for medical reasons I vote that cnote gets to keep his amnesty and Roy comes off the books anyway.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Postby nsink » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:

If Roy retires for medical reasons I vote that cnote gets to keep his amnesty and Roy comes off the books anyway.

Well anmesty isnt official until midnight tonight, so if i was him id withdraw my amnesty and wait for the retirement.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 118)

Postby nsink » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:52 pm

hmmm, if u wanna mirror nba rules

From Chris Broussard of ESPN The Magazine: "Sources say Brandon Roy to announce medical retirement due to degenerative knees, possibly as soon as today."

Roy has four years and $68.69 million remaining on his contract with the Blazers.

ESPN.com's Chad Ford adds: "If league docs concur Brandon Roy isn't fit to play, his contract comes of Blazers books 1 year from date of official retirement."

comes off books in 1 year - mean payment or cap
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 118)

Postby silentjim » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:02 pm

From the NBA Salary Cap FAQ:

There is one exception whereby a player can continue to receive his salary, but the salary is not included in the team's team salary. This is when a player is forced to retire for medical reasons and a league-appointed physician confirms that he is medically unfit to continue playing. There is a waiting period of one year following the injury or illness before a team can apply for this salary cap relief. If the waiting period expires mid-season (on any date prior to the last day of the regular season), then the player's entire salary for that season is removed from the team's team salary. For example, in March 2003 the Knicks were allowed to remove Luc Longley's entire 2002-03 salary from their books (and since the luxury tax is based on the team salary as of the last day of the regular season, the Knicks avoided paying any tax on Longley's salary). This provision can also be used when a player dies while under contract.

If the player "proves the doctors wrong" and resumes his career, then his salary is returned to his team's team salary when he plays in his 10th game in any one season (including pre-season, regular season and playoff games). This allows a player to attempt to resume his career without affecting his team unless his comeback is ultimately successful. A team loses this salary cap relief even if the player later signs and plays 10 games with a different team.

Teams are not allowed to trade for disabled players and then apply for this salary cap relief. Only the team for which the player was playing when he was disabled may request this relief.

If a player retires, even for medical reasons, his team does not receive a salary cap exception to acquire a replacement player.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby dasein » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:

sounds good to me.

BTW, this is what I stuck in the rule regarding retirement (for whatever reason). So pretty close to NBA, eh?

5.5 RETIRED PLAYER

If a player retires from the NBA while still under contract, this contract is made void during the off season following his retirement.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby silentjim » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:39 pm

dasein wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:

sounds good to me.

BTW, this is what I stuck in the rule regarding retirement (for whatever reason). So pretty close to NBA, eh?

5.5 RETIRED PLAYER

If a player retires from the NBA while still under contract, this contract is made void during the off season following his retirement.

The same thing happened with Yao.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby TheRobSays » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:05 pm

I have Jamison for this year so he should not be put back in the draft pool. Only cap relief for players who are now owned by other teams.
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap