Tim Duncan
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Amnesty Players

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:09 pm

TheRobSays wrote:I have Jamison for this year so he should not be put back in the draft pool. Only cap relief for players who are now owned by other teams.

thanks for the correction.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 129)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:12 pm

TheRobSays wrote:I have Jamison for this year so he should not be put back in the draft pool. Only cap relief for players who are now owned by other teams.

I took Jamison and Calderon out of the free agent list. Duncan is now added to the free agent list too.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby So-Tex » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:21 pm

silentjim wrote:
dasein wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:If Roy retires for medical reasons I vote that cnote gets to keep his amnesty and Roy comes off the books anyway.

sounds good to me.

BTW, this is what I stuck in the rule regarding retirement (for whatever reason). So pretty close to NBA, eh?

5.5 RETIRED PLAYER

If a player retires from the NBA while still under contract, this contract is made void during the off season following his retirement.

The same thing happened with Yao.

Yes, it did. :-C :-/

And even though I eventually made a deal moving Yao, it was a LOT of back and forth with Kal about how the whole thing was going to hit my cap space.

We used to have a rule in place for this type of situation, but there was just too much math - between playing games last season and this season, and having to be under 40-something games played, and all this other crap. I think it should simple - cnote should get the choice whether to amnesty Roy's contract, or have his contract fall under the new retirement rule dasein refers to. Then, it will just be a decision whether to carry Roy's salary for this season only, or dump it to free up cap space.

But I definitely think he shouldn't be forced to make that decision until we hear official word from Roy. As with Yao, that could be today, or it could be 3 months from now. However, cnote should have the choice available to him if he wants it simply given the circumstances.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 183)

Postby scully19 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Sweet I thought retirement was 50% off, but I'll take the whole thing seeing as how I'm the proud owner of Yao.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 194)

Postby nsink » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:29 am

Last Call on David Lee.

Amnesty is official at midnight (im guessing eastern?)

If you wanna nab him and his 8.5 M expiring before he goes to all out FA bidding (and probable longer term contract) hit me up. i'll make sure to check in tonight. Im looking for either picks, or a young player on a cheap contract.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 115)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:00 am

nsink wrote:Last Call on David Lee.

Amnesty is official at midnight (im guessing eastern?)

If you wanna nab him and his 8.5 M expiring before he goes to all out FA bidding (and probable longer term contract) hit me up. i'll make sure to check in tonight. Im looking for either picks, or a young player on a cheap contract.

Correct it ends at midnight eastern
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

Re: Executive Decision - FA Cap holds scrapped

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:27 am

Brought this up in another thread, but my thoughts are scraping bird rights altogether. Without Cap holds, with no MLE to beat, and max money being capped at 20 mill a year so no increases there, I don't see the purpose in spending the time tracking people's contracts to be able to arbitrarily spend less money early and more later. Winners are determined by money spent overall so this means little except allows you to backload contacts more.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:59 am

scully19 wrote:Brought this up in another thread, but my thoughts are scraping bird rights altogether. Without Cap holds, with no MLE to beat, and max money being capped at 20 mill a year so no increases there, I don't see the purpose in spending the time tracking people's contracts to be able to arbitrarily spend less money early and more later. Winners are determined by money spent overall so this means little except allows you to backload contacts more.

You have a valid argument. That said, with offseason free agency starting in about 2 hours(and the start time is non negotiable), it will need to be an issue discussed during this season and finalized during the next offseason. So for this season, bird rights and their benefits will stay in place.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:13 am

Fair enough.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap