2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Important! All you need to know for the auction

Postby KalElen » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:57 pm

The Thrill wrote:So, just to reiterate, players # 13 and going forward (starting with KG and going forward) the bidding stops 24 hours after the most recent bid, right? ;-D

yes
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ardilla » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm

That will not leave you 15 million. It will leave you with $0 dollars. The salary cap is 65 million. You can only go over that if you get exceptions. It is not very wise to spend all $65M in this draft, but feel free to do so.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Auction discussion

Postby silentjim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm

KalElen wrote:yup. but it's hard to c/p to the forum, because it doesn't support tables

That's fine. ;-D I think our honor system will be more than enough, but I think our problem we'll just be people not understanding all of the rules, which might have them accidentally break the rules.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby greyone » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm

The Thrill wrote:So, just to reiterate, players # 13 and going forward (starting with KG and going forward) the bidding stops 24 hours after the most recent bid, right? ;-D

Yes. Alot of players are about to be sign, sealed & delivered fairly cheap. Or am I overvaluing these guys?
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:05 pm

ardilla wrote:That will not leave you 15 million. It will leave you with $0 dollars. The salary cap is 65 million. You can only go over that if you get exceptions. It is not very wise to spend all $65M in this draft, but feel free to do so.

From the rules though, you have the following options if you spend all 65 million:

-teams that find themselves over or at the soft cap at the beginning of the off-season will be awarded mle for the purpose of signing free agents (resigning own free agents doesn't affect mle), that lasts until the end of the season, but can not be traded, or combined with other exceptions

-after using up mle, teams over the (soft) cap can only offer one year min salary deals to free agents

-if a team is over the (soft) cap limit, or doing a trade that would put it over it, salary it's taking on in the trade must be within 125% + 100k of the salary it's giving up

-team salaries can only go over the soft cap limit, but not over hard cap, under 5 scenarios
1) due to back loaded salaries increasing at the start of the season
2) due to signing of a drafted rookie to a rookie deal
3) due to using whole or a part of mle, or offering min deal after mle is used up
4) due to completing a trade that follows trade rules (see the rule above this one)
5) due to resigning own free agent (bird rights)

Technically meaning he could have the MLE, which I'm not sure the dollar value for, and as many $250,000 bids he needs to fill out a roster.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Thrill » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:10 pm

silentjim wrote: and as many $250,000 bids he needs to fill out a roster.

This was my expectation (crux of my question) and trying to plan accordingly.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 263)

Postby ardilla » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:12 pm

MLE is 6 million, minimum roster during the regular season is 11 players under contract.

Exactly silentjim, as I said you can't go beyond it except through exceptions. It isn't possible to use the entire 15 million extra (getting to the hard cap) with 6M MLE and 250K contracts, as there is a max of 14 players.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ardilla » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 pm

I believe Kal just won Deron Williams at 20M x 4 years.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ardilla » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Something to think about will be how to handle bids and getting new players after the auction. Will the offering party just post a thread with their offer in this draft room and if a certain amount of time expires (I suggest at least 48H), they get their player? I suggest this be commissioner approved only, and the commish implements the move on the league website (wherever we end up playing).

Also need to think about how to handle 7 day contracts. These I suppose guys could just grab their player (maybe only allowed on Sundays, but the commish removes them at the end of the 7 days (the next Sunday) for easier implementation. In order to sign one of these guys to a real contract, the same process as above would be followed.
ardilla
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 pm

ardilla wrote:MLE is 6 million, minimum roster during the regular season is 11 players under contract.

Exactly silentjim, as I said you can't go beyond it except through exceptions. It isn't possible to use the entire 15 million extra (getting to the hard cap) with 6M MLE and 250K contracts, as there is a max of 14 players.

Gotcha. That makes sense. Can we split the MLE?
silentjim

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap