2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Auction discussion

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:53 pm

The Thrill wrote:Eh, I don't know. I don't think it sounds unreasonable (or really all that difficult) to state, Nene stopped bidding (stopped becoming a manager) effective this time (9:50something CST). Whatever time remains (of 24 hours) left on players that were being bid on at that point time, the clock begins once we find our 16th replacement.

So, Chris Paul (a player I "won" perhaps, maybe, I don't know) was bid on at 7:30ish something am CST on Tuesday morning. So, that means 14 hours and 20 minutes had passed since the most valid potentially winning bid. That means, once we find our replacement, we select a start time, and managers have 9 hours and 40 minutes from that time to bid on Chris Paul or he's mine.

I guess I don't find that scenario unfair or unreasonable. I don't know. Maybe not. :-° O:-)

Do I hear a volunteer? :-]

This would be optimum but I don't have the time to monitor each guy and then keep track when their windows should close.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:11 pm

guys i'll sort this out shortly. i'll be as fair to everyone as possible. my goal is not to complicate your lives. my goal is for 16 of us to have a great league, but some rules are required in order to avoid chaos. they might seem like too much, but nobody came up with better ones, so i don't think it's fair to complain about these wheb you have nothing better to offer. i said all along that i have no experience with participating in this kind of league, let alone running it. i've asked for advice, i've debated the ideas. i want this to be fun for everyone. work with me here a little bit and we will get over this. i've had a busy day, but i'll make my ruling soon, and i'll let you debate it before i implement it. also i hope nene reconsiders, i really do
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby greyone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Maybe a 12 hour reset is a good medium. But the start time should be appropriate for both coasts. ;-D

I am here and intrigued. Very curious and excited to see how all rosters pan out. Handful of rosters ideas in my head. :-) I have one radical idea festering. Not sure if i can use it. Certainly cannot apply its concept in a snake draft. So I may do it for kicks. But I will bring it up later. %-6
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scully19 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 pm

I am perfectly ok with putting Chauncey back out there and have Nene's edited bid be the one to beat, and then i can decide at that point what i want to do.

that make everything easier?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 189)

Postby scully19 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm

The complication with continuing the time is when the drafting is actually started again. I am here right now to bid on a couple players, but they are frozen, if i miss the bidding once it restarts that kinda blows for me. Maybe meet in the middle and set it to 12 hours after last bid instead of 24. I won't be away for longer than that and it should make be decent for everyone.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

rulling

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 pm

everything that happened after nene's post will be voided. all bids and all player wins will be voided. no clocks will be reset to 0. we will resume bidding when we are back at 16 (hopefully with nene coming back or if he doesn't want to come back with a replacement) by waiting on the exact time of the day nene posted his quitting post and resuming from there as if nothing happened when, in reality we will lose few days. this will save us the trouble of computing remaining time for all the bids. we will look for same time of the day as before nene quitting, just on a different day. guys who bid after nene's post lose nothing this way because they can bid again, while guys who were waiting on players with high bids get similar chance to keep their players to the one they originally had.

if we are forced to replace nene, new gm will get a chance to decide whether he wants to keep kobe at given price or put him back into bidding pool and will be given the chance to offer bids on any player already in the pool before we resume. any such offers will be counted as if they were made at the moment nene quit

as for editing posts, i don't want to be a pain in he ass so i'm willing to accept nene's edited bid, but that will be the last one. the rule stands. now everyone should be clear about it so no further mistakes of that kind will be tolerated.
let's say high bid on a player is 12m. i decide to bid 15m on a player. red is willing to go up to 14m, he sees my offer and decides not to outbid me. he doesn't check the thread anymore since he believes that player is out of his range, but i decide to reduce offer to 13m and edit my post. he has no way of knowing that the offer has changed unless he randomly checks the thread. that's the reason why editing is not allowed. no edits means everything is nice, clean and transparent. every new bid will bump the thread and everyone will know that there is a change. of course reducing bids is forbidden anyway, but i can't be expected to look at every edit all of the time to make sure no one has done it

finally if you have any questions, ask. some people had sent me pms and i answered them. we all make mistakes, i made some myself. that is not reason to quit. no pain no gain
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: rulling

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:01 pm

feel free to comment on the rulling. i'm willing to listen to all suggestions
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scully19 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Like I said in another thread, I'm cool with putting Chauncey back out there and have his bid stand at 12.5 for 4 years and we can move on from there. Ruling seems fair to me. So when is the restart?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby greyone » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Sounds good. I am a chameleon. At this point I do not mind any delay, I prefer it !+) . I have to make an emergency trip out of town. Should be back by Friday afternoon. My internet situation is unclear. But my laptop is packed. :-o
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KalElen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm

scully19 wrote:Like I said in another thread, I'm cool with putting Chauncey back out there and have his bid stand at 12.5 for 4 years and we can move on from there. Ruling seems fair to me. So when is the restart?

when we're back at 16 (which depends on nene and if he's not coming back on how fast we can find a replacement, there are no quick fixes to replacement problem anymore)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap