2010-2011 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2010-2011 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: ***draft will start on monday***

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:21 pm

If you (Kal) want to go that route then it'll work just fine - it's just a bucketload of threads. If you're prepared to do all the moving and sorting of threads and whatnot it'll work like a charm. So long as GMs aren't likely to lose track of recent bids then we'll be fine.

Ardilla - the quoting mechanism is just to ensure that bids don't get missed, that's all. If we're going with seperate threads it won't be an issue.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:38 pm

manipulating threads shouldn't be a problem. i'll also maintain a list of all accepted bids and team pages as well.

we are starting on monday, i have replacement if RobitusinZ isn't ready to go, but i want to give him all the time that i promised. i'll start 1st 8 threads on monday, after that feel free to start bidding
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: League Roster

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:18 pm

pm works for me.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:57 am

time limit is 24h. for the start of the draft i was thinking about keeping all players available for bidding for at least 48h so time of the start doesn't affect anybody. i will start the auction on monday mourning by my time which will be early monday mourning/late sunday night by est (8h time difference), but i would keep all players open until at least wednesday mourning so everybody will have at least one full day to start bidding
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby geodbear » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:03 am

I know I'm not in this leauge, and it's probably late for this suggestion, but many, many years ago I was in a simple auction league where the managers were set in an order and then put up players to bid along with an opening bid. So, in this league, you could randomly list out all the managers, and then have the first eight managers select a player up for bid. Now, the player could be a franchise players or not, but whoever the manager selects, that manager has to put a bid on. This avoids scrubs being put into play. It also cuts down on having players go up for bid in the end that no one wants. It also adds an element of strategy in which a manager could try to sneak a player in early to get a good deal, or it could be used to pump up a value early on. As managers complete their roster, they can no longer nominate players.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 220)

Re: Important! All you need to know for the auction

Postby silentjim » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:30 pm

What are we doing for rookies or players who weren't drafted in the mock and not ranked in BBM?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 565)

Re: Important! All you need to know for the auction

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:45 pm

i will probably add rookies at the end of the list of players taken in mock draft. rest of the players will be available in free agency (similar to draft auction) after the draft is over, or i can allow people to nominate players for bidding at the end of the draft
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:51 pm

geodbear wrote:I know I'm not in this leauge, and it's probably late for this suggestion, but many, many years ago I was in a simple auction league where the managers were set in an order and then put up players to bid along with an opening bid. So, in this league, you could randomly list out all the managers, and then have the first eight managers select a player up for bid. Now, the player could be a franchise players or not, but whoever the manager selects, that manager has to put a bid on. This avoids scrubs being put into play. It also cuts down on having players go up for bid in the end that no one wants. It also adds an element of strategy in which a manager could try to sneak a player in early to get a good deal, or it could be used to pump up a value early on. As managers complete their roster, they can no longer nominate players.

that is one way to do it, but i prefer ours because it makes things less chaotic (you know which player will be in the pool at which point of the auction making it harder for you to miss a player among all the threads being open, especially if we are forced to increase number of players in the pool at some point) and because we waste no time in waiting on winning gm to suggest player. 1st person that logs on after 24h has passed for one of the players in the pool, can automatically start the next thread
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: League Roster

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:22 pm

coffeeman will be replacing RobitusinZ, we are ready to go tomorrow
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Official Vote Thread

Postby coffeeman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 pm

1 a
2 b
3 c
4 b
5 b
6 a
coffeeman
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster