OFFICIAL SCL RULES - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Postby dasein » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:45 am

silentjim wrote:
Da Ruhl wrote:I don't see that 2.01 being worth more than 1.16 is that big a deal, to be honest.

a) Not different than reality in current NBA where first 2nd round pick may be worth more than last 1st round pick

b) You could argue we already have that "problem" in that 1.11 (1M 1.5M [2M]) may well be worth more than 1.10 (2M 2.5M [3M]) - unless of course the guy at 1.10 will take who you want at 1.11. I'd argue this is mostly the same dynamic as 1.16 / 2.01.

Just my 2c - although I don't feel strongly, it would be nice for 2nd rounds to feel a bit more useful and I don't think 1.16 vs. 2.1 issues should be a holdup.

Thanks!

-DR

Agreed. I don't see it as that big of a deal either.

Yeah, although I went on a bit, I agree here too.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 431)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Closing in on the 2nd round now.

Shall we just make it [0.5, 0.5, 0.5] and roll with that?
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby hi chi » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:13 pm

That makes sense to me as long as the pick can be dropped without penalty as we can now. I know that I wouldn't want to be stuck with any of the fliers I took in the 2nd round over the past few years even at .5k.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 129)

Postby nykos » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:13 pm

I would go for the 3years at 0,5M/yr with the possibility to cut the player during each offseason for free.
the 3rd year would give more time for young players to live up to the hype, if a manager wants to stash him. 2years can be short for that. Otherwise, the manager wants to cut him, then so be it, 0,5M is not expensive.
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 206)

Postby silentjim » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Sounds good. Let's add it to the rules. ;-D

Dasein lets get rule for partially guaranteed on a 3rd and 4th year updated as well.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:13 pm

silentjim wrote:Sounds good. Let's add it to the rules. ;-D

Dasein lets get rule for partially guaranteed on a 3rd and 4th year updated as well.

Yeah, that sounds like a simple answer that won't cause a lot of ruckus. I like it. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby dasein » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:57 am

silentjim wrote:Sounds good. Let's add it to the rules. ;-D

Done, along with the retired player clarification aka, the nsink ruling.

I also just remembered some discussion about maybe making in season bids on players that have been dropped due to season ending injury illegal. E.g. Lou Williams from last year.

I don't have majorly strong feelings on this, but it does make some sense. A player isn't going to accept 0.25, 0.25 now when he knows he can wait 6 months and get 3, 3, 3 or whatever. It also seems a little unfair on the team that makes the drop. They would potentially like the option of keeping that player for the minimum too, but would not be allowed to do so as they can't bid on a dropped player.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby dcdoorknob » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:05 am

dasein wrote:I don't have majorly strong feelings on this, but it does make some sense. A player isn't going to accept 0.25, 0.25 now when he knows he can wait 6 months and get 3, 3, 3 or whatever. It also seems a little unfair on the team that makes the drop. They would potentially like the option of keeping that player for the minimum too, but would not be allowed to do so as they can't bid on a dropped player.

I'd support this change as well.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 125)

Postby Da Ruhl » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:06 am

I don't feel strongly, but it feels to me that putting something in about bidding on injured players is unnecessary.

Anyone can bid on the injured player, so they don't have to go for the bare minimum unless nobody else is interested or has room on roster / under cap.

Also, particularly with 16 slots, the team with the injured player can choose to keep him.

Again, I don't feel strongly, but (combined with trying to keep complexity under control), I'm not sure I see the need for another rule here. That said, as a newbie, I missed the whole Lou Williams situation, so it is quite possible I have no clue... :-D

Best,

DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 152)

Postby nsink » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:56 am

I guess it is less a problem and more a philosophical question. Would a player like Lou will take a .25-.75 per year 2 year contract cause he is season injured and only has three bidders (non contending teams who can afford the roster space) or would he rehab and prove his worth on the free agent market and score himself a more lucrative deal when healthy, competing and with a larger bidding pool driving up his price. We can play it either way really.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 116)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap