OFFICIAL SCL RULES - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Postby dasein » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:25 am

Da Ruhl wrote:Just my opinion, but I'm not sure we're getting anywhere on the Bird rights discussion anymore. Perhaps time for a vote and then move on.

As well, I think we should make a final decision on whether we are going to change the min bid increment at all.

Looking at about 2.5 weeks until we start and I am thinking we'll want to update the rules doc before bidding starts.

Just my 2c.

-DR

We don't actually vote on everything. Just the major stuff, which the birds right thing probably isn't. Likewise the minimum bid thing is minor, and I think we will change it as I outlined earlier; min increment of 0.5M with BYS over 10M with everything else staying the same.

And don't worry about the time. Once we decide on the bird rights thing it will take me like 30mins to update the rules. ;-D

As far as bird rights go, i think either 15% + "match", or scrap em. I'm good with either.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 374)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby hi chi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm not really good with either. I think the 15%+match during auction is a good idea. Dropping Bird Rights would take away from this league. There should be some advantage for teams that have owned players over a long period of time (2+years). I wasn't thrilled with the dropping of max and dropping of bird rights instead of making them stronger would make this league too much like a straight dynasty auction for my taste.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 131)

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:54 pm

hi chi wrote:I'm not really good with either. I think the 15%+match during auction is a good idea. Dropping Bird Rights would take away from this league. There should be some advantage for teams that have owned players over a long period of time (2+years). I wasn't thrilled with the dropping of max and dropping of bird rights instead of making them stronger would make this league too much like a straight dynasty auction for my taste.

I like the 15% plus matching idea. I too, don't want to scrap bird rights entirely.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silentjim » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:01 pm

I personally don't see myself ever exercising Birds Rights to be honest, so I'm cool with whatever.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 598)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:33 pm

DVauthrin wrote:I like the 15% plus matching idea. I too, don't want to scrap bird rights entirely.

I'm indifferent, but if that's the consensus option then lets do it. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

Postby dasein » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:I like the 15% plus matching idea. I too, don't want to scrap bird rights entirely.

I'm indifferent, but if that's the consensus option then lets do it. ;-D

I think this is probably the best we're going to get at this stage- some like it, some indifferent. Let's just run with 15/match for now. Nothing stopping us revisiting this in the future if a brillant idea pops up. :-b

I'll knock up a revised set of rules to reflect all the recent changes sometime today, bearing in mind it's 8am here.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby dasein » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:28 am

Rightio, updates done along of a list of what they were in the first post of this thread.

Let me know if anything is amiss.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby So-Tex » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:50 am

Forgive me for asking, but I've been so busy lately that I've only been able to keep one eye on this thread (and only a quarter of the brain! :-b ), but once a Bird's Rights manager posts "match" in his BR player's auction (during the auction), he's considered in the lead. Which in turn means the only way to beat that is to make an increased bid. Then, the BR manager would have the ability to "match" again, and if necessary the cycle repeats itself until one or the other(s) give up...correct?

I get the whole 15% vs 10% increase thing, but I just wanted to make sure I was clear on the BR process.

And if that is the case, I'm good with it. ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby dasein » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:01 am

yup, you got it. Have also added that the BR holder can restructure the contract to better suit himself at the time he matches. In such a case, you'd just post the preferred structure along with "match"
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby TheRobSays » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:39 am

When would the bird right holder declare a match? After all bidding is done and the final "winning" bid is in? Admittedly I haven't been paying attention but if you only have the right to say "match" then why wouldn't you just participate in the bid all along as there is no max salary anyways - what is the advantage of having the right to match if you still have to bid the value up as well?
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 71)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap