OFFICIAL SCL RULES - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Postby Da Ruhl » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks guys.

Just so I know if I'm going crazy, dasein, did you re-add that yesterday? I know I searched (control-F'ed) the document for minimum like 4 times yesterday, and I could swear that line was not there when I searched it.

That said, it is possible I just missed it somehow, in which case I'm obviously 100% wrong about the rules, written and otherwise. Very sorry if this is in fact the case and I wasted everybody's time on my inability to read... :-X

In any case, I've likely made a mountain of a molehill anyways. Would be curious to know if that is there because dasein re-added it (so I know if I'm going crazy :-o ), but not a big deal.

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 153)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby So-Tex » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:06 pm

It was there when he made the update to the other section of that rule, the one where it's written "There is no maximum BYS*". That's the one we voted on a few months ago. And I KNOW it was there then, cause I was in and out during the actual vote, and had to double check the rules afterward just to make sure I understood correctly that we voted "no max". It read as it is.

But like silentJim pointed out, it's always been 0.25M from the very beginning. You can find it referenced several times in the "2010-11 Season Stuff" thread. Again, I will admit that it's not worded specifically that minimum contracts start at 0.25M, but it's implied by how the rules were set up (bolded the line in question):

SALARY NUMBERS

soft cap 65M

hard cap 80M

max salary for a single year: 20M

min salary for a single year: 250k

minimum increases and decreases in negotiations and bidding: 250k

minimum team salary during the season: 44M

minimum team salary during the off-season: 10M

mle: 6M (can be used on one or more players)

There's some of the old stuff there as well...but it's always been known for auctions to start at 0.25M, regardless of whether a player was previously under contract or not...and that's going back to the very beginning of the league. :-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby Da Ruhl » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Heya,

I hear ya. I really don't think this is that big a deal. That said, just to clarify, in my mind:

If dasein says he didn't re-add that yesterday, than I am wrong, it was always there, and I totally apologize to all.

If dasein says he did re-add that yesterday, then the written rules were changed. I totally agree they were changed to re-add something that was there a while back (frankly I remember 0.25 being in the written rules, which is why I tried to check them very, very carefully yesterday before bidding 0.1), that was accidentally eliminated, and that was the league understanding prior.

My only (relatively unimportant) point is, if dasein re-added that to the written rules yesterday, I think it is a change to the written rules.

Anyways, onward!! ;-D

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby silentjim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:39 pm

I can't confirm if it was there and then gone at some point in between, but when I pasted the rules from the spreadsheet in May it stated:

- The maximum BYS is 20M, and the minimum is 0.25M.

RULES copied and pasted into the Forum here
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby nykos » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Hello Guys,

some questions: is there a date limit to do a straight buy-out on a player to absorb his 2/3years salary on this year's cap?

if we drop a player with a straight buy-out during the season, is there a rule preventing the team concerned to bid again on the player with a cheaper contract versus the production brought by the player?

thanks
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 208)

Postby dasein » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 pm

nykos wrote:Hello Guys,

some questions: is there a date limit to do a straight buy-out on a player to absorb his 2/3years salary on this year's cap?

if we drop a player with a straight buy-out during the season, is there a rule preventing the team concerned to bid again on the player with a cheaper contract versus the production brought by the player?

thanks

The time limit would be the end of our fantasy season. And you are not allowed to resign a player in the same year you drop him.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 434)

Postby nykos » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:38 pm

ok clear!
thanks!
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 208)

Quick Clarification

Postby Da Ruhl » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:11 pm

"The time limit would be the end of our fantasy season. And you are not allowed to resign a player in the same year you drop him."

Quick clarification requested here:

I read this to mean that you can buyout a player even after your fantasy season is done (i.e. your team is eliminated) as long as our fantasy season (i.e. the end of year fantasy playoffs) are not completed.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Re: Quick Clarification

Postby silentjim » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Da Ruhl wrote:"The time limit would be the end of our fantasy season. And you are not allowed to resign a player in the same year you drop him."

Quick clarification requested here:

I read this to mean that you can buyout a player even after your fantasy season is done (i.e. your team is eliminated) as long as our fantasy season (i.e. the end of year fantasy playoffs) are not completed.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

-DR

That would/should be correct.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Previous

Return to FBC Salary Cap