OFFICIAL SCL RULES - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Postby TheRobSays » Tue May 20, 2014 4:16 pm

I am fine with all of the suggestions - but how would rookie contracts take effect? Only new rookies commencing 2014 I would assume ...
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Tue May 20, 2014 9:17 pm

TheRobSays wrote:I am fine with all of the suggestions - but how would rookie contracts take effect? Only new rookies commencing 2014 I would assume ...

Yeah, I think that would be the way to do it.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 376)

Postby nykos » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Restricted Free Agents
Rookies become Restricted Free Agents (RFA) during the off-season following the final year of their rookie contract. This can only happen if their team exercised it’s TO(s). If a rookie enters the Free Agent pool before this happens, his rookie contract is deemed to have finished, and he cannot become a RFA. The team that owns a player in the final year of a rookie contract is granted RFA ‘rights’ to that player when the trade deadline of that year passes.
Restricted Free Agents are auctioned in the same way as regular Free Agents. At the end of the bidding process, the team that holds the RFA’s rights has 24 hours to match the highest bid reached at auction, and keep the player. For this reason, there is usually no incentive for the team holding RFA rights to enter the bidding for that player. When matching, the rights holder may also restructure the contract so long as it has the same total value as the auction winner, and follows the contract rules. The new contract structure should be clearly stated in the post that confirms the match.

Does this chapter works for 1st rounders only or 2nd rounders are targeted also?
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 225)

Postby dasein » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 pm

2nd round picks can become restricted free agents. It hasn't happened so far, but yes they are eligible.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 376)

Previous

Return to FBC Salary Cap