Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

OFFICIAL SCL RULES

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: RULES draft version 2

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 am

dasein wrote:
4ndrew wrote:Another n00b question:-

If, during the regular season, I see a FA available (cleared waivers), I have cap space available and I want to pick him up (with a contract, not a 7 day rental), do I just sign him to my team, or do I post his name to the forum and start an auction?

you start an auction. I think the wait period is longer though...24hr I think

per the rules:

4.2 FREE AGENCY

An auction is won when a set number of hours pass without a higher bid being registered. During the season, 48 hours are required.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 163)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 4ndrew » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:27 am

Ok thanks, just wanted to be sure. I can imagine if a player suddenly gets promoted to a starter & breaks out there'd be a massive bidding war erupt that could take some time.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:13 am

rules updated
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 433)

Postby silentjim » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:43 pm

dasein wrote:rules updated

We'd like everyone to take a look the new rules violations section to understand what kind of punishment can be had for infringing on the rules. Keeping in mind most violations will be from going over the cap intentionally or unintentionally.

Our goal is to have a majority of violations be minor, if there are any, and the punishment for these violations as you can tell, is a minor slap on the rest. Also keep in mind that eventhough there are forms of violations and punishments, its more of an open ended sort of thing and that we don't want everything to automatically be a violation and so forth. We will look at circumstances.

Just as an example if during the season you're at the max 75M, but you have a Chinese or European player who signs with an NBA team and your salary now goes over the max allowed, you'll have 7 days to correct it, without causing a violation.

Let me know if you have any other questions. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby 4ndrew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:26 am

From reading the rules, I understand that violating the cap limit basically means you have seven days to get back under again, either through trade or waiving someone.

Does that mean that you can merrily bid on free agents past your cap limit? Just want to be sure on that & I don't want to offend anyone if I happen to do it, deliberately or accidentally.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:37 am

No. Don't bid over the cap limit, merrily or otherwise. You will be punished. 8-o
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby dasein » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:42 am

also, you bid won't count. So you can't profit by it even by accident O:-)
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 433)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:44 am

That's why we call it a hard cap, and not a cap of negotiable virtue.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 4ndrew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:46 am

Well, sorry to have to say it Fenris, and I didn't want to name names, but according to scully's spreadsheet you have 1.1M cap remaining. You've just bid 3.75M on Hibbert.

If the spreadsheet's out of date, no worries, but otherwise you're in for some punishment 8-o

It really should be clearly written in the rules though to avoid any confusion - "don't place a bid that puts you over the cap if you win, the bid will be deemed invalid".
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 am

Your math is out of date. For one, Biyombo isn't coming over this year, so that's 2.5M I'm not spending. Plus the 500K to Cole isn't guaranteed either. Plus I could always waive someone to make some room. Anyway, rest you fears son, my cap space will be fine. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap