2010 - 2011 Season - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

2010 - 2011 Season

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: Tanking

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Sat May 14, 2011 1:24 am

Btw, baller7037 finished the season with 703 games played. The lowest in the whole league. Over 18 games below nuclearoption who wasn't even active I'm the league. Over 100 games less than the max game limit. Just saying that is a lot of games to purposely tank and it has a huge affect on stats and standings in Roto. Plain bullshit to be honest.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 164)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby baller7037 » Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm

I also had 97 pick ups through out the season; how can you say that I'm tanking the season if I'm that active in the league, there are people in the league who gave up on the season since the 1st month and we didn't make a rule to punish them thier 1round draft pick year after year when they returned to manage their team the following season. why should I get punished for being inactive for 2 weeks when there isn't even a rule that states tanking is illegal. I wouldn't have done anything malicious if there was a rule that specified what would happen to inactive/tanking teams. if we make that rule then all managers who are inactive for the season who return as managers should also have their 1round pick taken from them or punished in a similar way

Lilstinkylynx wrote:Btw, baller7037 finished the season with 703 games played. The lowest in the whole league. Over 18 games below nuclearoption who wasn't even active I'm the league. Over 100 games less than the max game limit. Just saying that is a lot of games to purposely tank and it has a huge affect on stats and standings in Roto. Plain bullshit to be honest.
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Mon May 16, 2011 12:33 am

Ummm, you kind of prove my point. 97 moves and yet you finish with the least amount of games played. Even just playing your 97 waiver wire fodder for the whole season is better than what you did (which is bench your entire roster for over a month... stop saying 2 weeks when we can simply go to yahoo to see it was much more than that). I just said it was sad. I stated what I thought of teams that are not active and the need to get them out of the league. I am just posting my opinion. I don't even want to get into the logistics of how much stats you gave up and how much was gained by every manager as a result and how much others were hurt because I don't think you would really get it. I stated how I felt. League will decide. Regardless of precedence or not (IMO) I think your tactic, whether you want to call it tanking or not (to me it is), was plain sad and I thought it is simply bullshit what you did.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby baller7037 » Mon May 16, 2011 5:27 pm

it was not over a month it was closer to 2 weeks; and you can crunch the numbers and I doubt it would have made much affect then if I played all bench players who don't even play in the game or left stars in that are injured like some people do.

Lilstinkylynx wrote:Ummm, you kind of prove my point. 97 moves and yet you finish with the least amount of games played. Even just playing your 97 waiver wire fodder for the whole season is better than what you did (which is bench your entire roster for over a month... stop saying 2 weeks when we can simply go to yahoo to see it was much more than that). I just said it was sad. I stated what I thought of teams that are not active and the need to get them out of the league. I am just posting my opinion. I don't even want to get into the logistics of how much stats you gave up and how much was gained by every manager as a result and how much others were hurt because I don't think you would really get it. I stated how I felt. League will decide. Regardless of precedence or not (IMO) I think your tactic, whether you want to call it tanking or not (to me it is), was plain sad and I thought it is simply bullshit what you did.
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby baller7037 » Mon May 16, 2011 5:36 pm

to end this matter we should make a rule that clearly states that any manager who tanks or stays inactive for the 2011-2012 season will get some sort of punishment for 2012-2013 season; and we can vote what type of punishment that is. this way we have active managers all year long and no way people can blame other managers for losing a season instead of being a man and taking responsibilities for their teams shortcomings
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby baller7037 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:01 pm

lilstink you don't see me complaining about my 2006 team where your team finished last because you benched your players so I can finish in 2nd place. happy ending league does that ring a bell, you benched all your players for half the season over 2 months.

for this keeper league there was never a rule that states that benching your players will cause punishment, but since everyone is out to get me I will be the bigger man and give my own punishment. since i traded my 1st pick to caveman, you can make my 1st pick (2nd round) the last pick in the 2nd round or if you feel you need to take away my 2nd pick so be it; I'm not sure why you would want to do that but maybe everyone in the league fears my team

I hope this satisfies everyone; I will be the bigger person and give myself a punishment that to me should not be even enforced since no rule pertaining to this argument ever existed.
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

2010 - 2011 Season

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 am

Merging
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach