2010 - 2011 Season - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

2010 - 2011 Season

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: 2010 - 2011 Draft Discussion

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:54 am

With so many quality players available for the first pick, you may say I am slightly surprised that Wall went first in our redraft. With that said, the upside is too hard to pass up, especially when it comes to a keeper league. Wall and Jrue should make a very formidable back court for your core in seasons to come, and possibly this season, if they are able to put it all together quicker than other PGs that have had the same opportunity in the past. However, the trend is it does take some time for PGs to put it all together on the NBA level.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby phx_2008_champs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:03 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:With so many quality players available for the first pick, you may say I am slightly surprised that Wall went first in our redraft. With that said, the upside is too hard to pass up, especially when it comes to a keeper league. Wall and Jrue should make a very formidable back court for your core in seasons to come, and possibly this season, if they are able to put it all together quicker than other PGs that have had the same opportunity in the past. However, the trend is it does take some time for PGs to put it all together on the NBA level.

There are plenty of guys out there who I think will produce better numbers than Wall for the upcoming season but I'm looking to rebuild this team. There are a few stacked teams this year (looking at you, Saldogg) that make it extremely hard for me to compete this season. If I'm getting killed a couple of months into the season, I'll likely try to trade Melo, Iggy and Murphy to a contender for upside guys who haven't hit their prime yet so that I have a core who will be entering their prime in about 2-3 years.
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:40 am

The suspense for number 2 is killing me... who will Barrec take?
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby barrec » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:53 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:The suspense for number 2 is killing me... who will Barrec take?

:o) Me too. Waiting on a trade response before i choose. Have a few guys in mind. Almost too afraid to choose based on all the interest but I gotta pick my guys and stand by 'em.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Re: 2010 - 2011 Draft Thread and Draft Log

Postby barrec » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 pm

1.2 Paul Pierce - SG/SF (Bos)
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby Nene » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:46 am

Might be a while till EvovIII picks. He hasn't been on the cafe in four days :-S
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:40 am

I think this will be a much more competitive season then in the past since it seems like teams that were at the bottom have improved themselves immensely in the redraft. I expect all teams to be much more balanced this season.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Nene » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:16 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:I think this will be a much more competitive season then in the past since it seems like teams that were at the bottom have improved themselves immensely in the redraft. I expect all teams to be much more balanced this season.

Even with saldogg's ridiculously stacked dream team (remember he had Kobe, Bron, Durant before trading one of the super friends, Kobe, to me)?
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:28 am

Nene wrote:
Lilstinkylynx wrote:I think this will be a much more competitive season then in the past since it seems like teams that were at the bottom have improved themselves immensely in the redraft. I expect all teams to be much more balanced this season.

Even with saldogg's ridiculously stacked dream team (remember he had Kobe, Bron, Durant before trading one of the super friends, Kobe, to me)?

Yes. Like Cave stated, Sal is not locked in to win the league this season. Barrec just drafted a third round value player last year in the 6th round so I expect that to give his team quite a boost. Not to mention, still great value left for the rest of the league to draft in this first round.

I am happy the draft started but sad it came to a halting stop. I just want everyone to be active this season.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:29 am

Wonder where evo is and if his inactivity will spill into the season?
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper