Important External Document Links - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

Important External Document Links

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Important External Document Links

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:20 am

barrec wrote:Looks great except that I waived Kopponno. I still owe some money on him, but his talents are not on my roster...

Keep in mind that this includes 2010/11 salaries on there for the purpose of showing who holds bird rights on players and cap holds. Now it turns out we may not need that anymore, so I could probably remove it for everyone.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 186)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:38 am

scully19 wrote:
barrec wrote:Looks great except that I waived Kopponno. I still owe some money on him, but his talents are not on my roster...

Keep in mind that this includes 2010/11 salaries on there for the purpose of showing who holds bird rights on players and cap holds. Now it turns out we may not need that anymore, so I could probably remove it for everyone.

Managers still can have bird's rights for a player, they just won't have the cap hold for them anymore. So knowing who was on people's teams for last season and prior years will be needed. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 565)

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:44 am

Bird Rights are so that a team can go over the soft cap in order to resign a player. We don't have a soft cap anymore, so why do we have bird rights.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about the increase in raise for a bird right player, and can also be used to know who was on whose team last year for tie breaker purposes. I have it in a second file though, so everyone can use that if looking for who has bird rights, otherwise there is the team roster one. Old one will stop getting updated.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 186)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:52 am

scully19 wrote:Bird Rights are so that a team can go over the soft cap in order to resign a player. We don't have a soft cap anymore, so why do we have bird rights.

So that the resigning team has some sort of built in advantage to resign their own talent. In the NBA the resigning team can offer extra years on a contract(beyond the regular maximum length) to their own free agents that we can't do. Also, It's not like we get the opportunity to negotiate with our players during the season, like they can in the real NBA.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:07 am

How is Tyreke Evans not a star player but Kyle Lowry is?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 143)

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:11 am

RocketsDWM wrote:How is Tyreke Evans not a star player but Kyle Lowry is?

because of how they played last season.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:37 am

DVauthrin wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:How is Tyreke Evans not a star player but Kyle Lowry is?

because of how they played last season.

;-D

Evans was a flaming bag of crap last season, and while he very well could be better this year, there's only so much tinkering with the standings we could do before things got really biased.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Free Agent Auction Spreadsheet

Postby Da Ruhl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:55 pm

All,

I keep having to hunt for this, figure this is the right place to post it so it doesn't keep getting lost in the shuffle. Hopefully that will be helpful to others to.

If anyone has an objection or there is some other obvious place, please let me know and glad to delete.

Thanks!

-DR

Free Agent Auction Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 1T3c#gid=0
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 144)

Previous

Return to FBC Salary Cap