Baron Davis Amnestied - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Baron Davis Amnestied

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Baron Davis Amnestied

Postby silentjim » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:26 am

Baron Davis was amnestied tonight during all of the CP3 stuff. He seems to be having mega back issues, so not sure he's worth drafting anymore, but at least worth monitoring.

Bump Irving up a bit and look for Sessions to potentially be semi serviceable again in deep leagues. He attacks the rim and shoots well from the line.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Baron Davis Amnestied

Postby Skippyoz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:18 am

Have there been any teams that have expressed interest in Baron?

I drafted Irving in the Bonanza League's draft here at the Cafe. Hopefully the Cavs don't sign anyone significant to take any minutes away from Irving this year and just let him run wild.
Skippyoz
College Captain
College Captain

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 21)

Postby ggs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:21 am

Skippyoz wrote:Have there been any teams that have expressed interest in Baron?

I drafted Irving in the Bonanza League's draft here at the Cafe. Hopefully the Cavs don't sign anyone significant to take any minutes away from Irving this year and just let him run wild.

dont see why they'd sign anyone to grab minutes from kyrie, i think the team is his to run for the next little while.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby geodbear » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:09 am

Baron's agent has said that Baron is out for at least 8-10 weeks because of a herniated disc. Can't see anyone wanting to pick him up until he's over that.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:30 am

geodbear wrote:

Baron's agent has said that Baron is out for at least 8-10 weeks because of a herniated disc. Can't see anyone wanting to pick him up until he's over that.

Rumor is it's not that bad? Regardless, I'd never take the chance on a guy who has had trouble staying fit and healthy for some time now. NEITHER should fantasy managers.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby jphanned » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:33 am

RedHopeful wrote:Rumor is it's not that bad? Regardless, I'd never take the chance on a guy who has had trouble staying fit and healthy for some time now. NEITHER should fantasy managers.

Yeah it's more like 2-4 weeks and not the 8-10. Think if he lands in the right situation (NY) and is actually motivated to play, could pan out and provide some decent value. But that's a big if.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:38 am

Rounders Block wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Rumor is it's not that bad? Regardless, I'd never take the chance on a guy who has had trouble staying fit and healthy for some time now. NEITHER should fantasy managers.

Yeah it's more like 2-4 weeks and not the 8-10. Think if he lands in the right situation (NY) and is actually motivated to play, could pan out and provide some decent value. But that's a big if.

Maybe you know his motor better than I; however, I figure this guy is all about the new situation and then 10 hours later, he forgets all about it as he's partying all around town. ;-7
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby deadshot11 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Baron's signing in NY for $2.5 mill.

There's rumors they get him AND Arenas.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby ggs » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Rounders Block wrote:

you may have hit the nail on the head here... worth a look in deeper leagues if he opts to skip surgery.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby geodbear » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Even if he's back in 2-4 weeks, he's not going to be in shape. I'll bet that he'll have another injury before the season is done.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates