Return to Bonanza Keeper

Year 8 Info Here

Moderators: geodbear, RedHopeful, silentjim

Re: 2011-2012 Draft Commentary

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:12 am

Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm shopping one of Paul George or Andre Iguodala. Probably George, but I'll take offers on either guy. Wall and Griffin could potentially be available as well.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby timbaland » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 am

hey guys, are we allowed to trade players before we submit our keepers? i dont recall. thanks! looking forward to another season with you all.
timbaland
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 53)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:51 pm

timbaland wrote:hey guys, are we allowed to trade players before we submit our keepers? i dont recall. thanks! looking forward to another season with you all.

Yes we are. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby bokzg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Should we be beginning the process of confirming who's returning and setting dates, i.e. keeper designation deadline, draft date, etc.?
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby plonden » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:38 pm

bokzg wrote:Should we be beginning the process of confirming who's returning and setting dates, i.e. keeper designation deadline, draft date, etc.?

To that end, I am not going to be able to participate in this league next season. I am starting law school on Monday so I won't really have any spare time for the foreseeable future. Best of luck, gentlemen!

Here is my final roster from last season:
D.J. Augustin
Jerryd Bayless
DeJuan Blair
Andrew Bogut
Derrick Favors
Channing Frye
Manu Ginobili
Chris Kaman
Kevin Love
Kevin Martin
O.J. Mayo
Ricky Rubio
Rodney Stuckey
Tristan Thompson
Evan Turner

My team finished in last place last season.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Law school? Awesome. Good for you. ;-D I'm sure there will be a spot for you when you retire and have time for fantasy hoops again. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby plonden » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks, Fenris. Reserve a sport for me in 2015. :-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby bokzg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:45 pm

plonden wrote:Thanks, Fenris. Reserve a sport for me in 2015. :-D

Hate to break it to you, but take it from me that your first year working won't leave you with an abundance of time for fantasy hoops. The amount of time I've been able to devote to FBB dropped in law school and continued to once I started working. Depends on the type of job you land, but I'm assuming that you'll do well in law school and get into a good (thus, demanding) firm :)
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bokzg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:11 pm

By the way, anyone interested in adding an IR list for this coming season? I've wanted to suggest one in the past because I think it's particularly appropriate for keeper leagues where dropping key players is just not an option.

I've heard of different ways of handling it, but I like a method that involves being able to simply declare a player as being on your team's IR by making a post in the league page. After designating a player, the owner would simply drop them and no one would be allowed to pick them up as long as they remain designated. We would obviously have to play without a "Can't Drop" list to allow owners to drop their best players if necessary, but I don't see that as being a problem in a league like ours.

There are typically restrictions on which players can be designated, either by using the Yahoo IR designation or by linking to a report that the player will be out for a minimum amount of time (i.e. 2 weeks+). There are usually also restrictions on how quickly a player can be taken off the IR after being designated (i.e. 1 month). We would obviously have a limit on the number of IR spots (i.e. 1 or 2 per team).

What do you guys think?
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Bonanza Keeper