Should this trade be vetoed? HELP PLEASE! - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Should this trade be vetoed? HELP PLEASE!

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Should this trade be vetoed? HELP PLEASE!

Postby LobeWater » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Hey Guys,

I need some advice on a trade that just went down in my fantasy hoops league.

Guy A trades: Nick Young and Tyson Chandler....and receives Russell Westbrook and Ryan Anderson!

For what its worth, our league is 10 teams, 15 players per roster and we only play 7 categories (we play all the standard ones, EXCEPT FT% and TOs)

Can you guys give me some feedback as to what you think of this deal!? I claimed it was complete bullshit and obviously Westbrook and Anderson are on a totally different level than Young and Chandler...BUT people argued against me and said the trade was fair. Am I crazy or is this trade complete garbage?!? Thanks in advance for your feedback!
LobeWater
Towel Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Should this trade be vetoed? HELP PLEASE!

Postby achok786 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 pm

You're not crazy. It's totally unfair. If people in your league agree Westbrook is an all-star, then you should be able to convince others.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
10-team 9-Cat H2H League

PG - Lowry SG - Teague G- Nash
SF - LeBron PF - Aldridge F - Noah
C - McGee, Hibbert Util Hawes, Boozer
BN - Irving, Kemba, Andre Miller
achok786
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby baller crimson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 am

The trade should be be vetoed.
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby h8ed-on-me » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:35 pm

What is it with you guys and wanting to control and veto every lopsided trade? If there is not evidence of collusion a trade should only be vetoed in an extreme case. If the commissioner steps in on every questionable trade in the league it will result in a weak league with a bunch of soft owners that cant come together to protect the league they are involved in. Every league should have a the option to let the league owners vote on trades. If there is a questionable issue owners need to learn to come together and vote against it, not cry to the commish. I say don't veto it. Put it in the hands of the league and force them to step up and come together if they don't like it. If they start doing this your league will be much stronger and enjoyable going forward.
h8ed-on-me
Towel Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:06 pm

h8ed-on-me wrote:What is it with you guys and wanting to control and veto every lopsided trade? If there is not evidence of collusion a trade should only be vetoed in an extreme case. If the commissioner steps in on every questionable trade in the league it will result in a weak league with a bunch of soft owners that cant come together to protect the league they are involved in. Every league should have a the option to let the league owners vote on trades. If there is a questionable issue owners need to learn to come together and vote against it, not cry to the commish. I say don't veto it. Put it in the hands of the league and force them to step up and come together if they don't like it. If they start doing this your league will be much stronger and enjoyable going forward.

Um, there aren't always going to be obvious pieces of evidence of collusion so the rest of the league must ascertain when a trade proposal is just too ridiculous. IMO, this is one of those cases. However, I have to agree with you that if this league's settings includes team managers with veto power, there is really nothing the original poster can do. If so, I'd already be making plans for a new league next year. :-/
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby JimJones » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm

I would be HIGHLY suspicious of collusion and, collusion or not, the owner taking Chandler and Young would not be allowed back in my league the following year...It's either collusion or he is too stupid to be playing fantasy basketball.
9-cat, 12-team H2H league with playoffs.
10 starters, 3 bench players

G: R.Westbrook, G.Dragic, M.Conley, K.Lowry
F: K.Love, D.Nowitzki, A.Bargnani, J.Johnson, J.Dudley W. Chandler
C: D.Gooden, N.Pekovic, S.Dalembert
JimJones
College Captain
College Captain

Return to Commissioner's Corner