A trade got vetoed unfairly. What do i do? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

A trade got vetoed unfairly. What do i do?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

A trade got vetoed unfairly. What do i do?

Postby amsid » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:39 am

Alright so i'll keep this short.

Person A in the league proposed a trade to someone else. He was giving up Amare/Stephen Jackson for Okafor/Tyreke, thinking it was a good trade. Person B (who was getting Amare) accepted the trade immediately.

Myself and a few others who got the email notification for the trade realized it was stupid, so we told Person A. I went ahead and voted against the trade because i didnt think it was fair.

Now it takes 1/3 of the league to vote against a trade to veto the process (standard yahoo setting). Turns out that the trade was vetoed because Person A went onto Person C's laptop who is in the league and voted against the trade without Person C's knowledge.

Person B found out and came to me, the commissioner, telling me to do something about it.

I agree with Person B and everyone else in that Person A acted unfairly, but I also strongly believe the trade would have been vetoed anyway since a bunch of us realised the trade was lopsided.

From what i see there are 2 options:
(1) I make the trade go through and transfer the players over.
(2) I switch trade review to commissioner only and tell them to send the trade again. Then I ask everyone to email me their vote and then see if the trade goes through. I can do this transparently on the league message board as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
amsid
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: A trade got vetoed unfairly. What do i do?

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm

First, slap the helllllllllllllllllllllll out of Person A. Next, I'd make the teams put the proposal back up on the block. Let the league members decide on whether it should be vetoed again but this time w/o interference.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Commissioner's Corner