eric gordon injury status - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

eric gordon injury status

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

eric gordon injury status

Postby dyrak » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:30 pm

per rotoworld,

Hornets coach Monty Williams made cryptic and ominous comments about Eric Gordon (knee) on Saturday, but tests on Monday or Tuesday will provide more information.
"I know some things," said Williams. "I’d love to tell you guys as much as I do know but I’ve got to hold onto it for another day or two and get some more information from the doctors. They’re still running tests on him but we’ll know more Monday or Tuesday for sure." Gordon has been sidelined with a bone bruise and our interpretation is that something more serious has been detected, though it's unclear how a serious injury could have gone undiagnosed for this length of time. Sit tight until we know more, as there's no hard information to go on yet.

Hold on for some probably rough news. I knew something didn't make sense i hope its not terrible but im not holding my breath..Looks like that stern trade isn't looking so great right now. The fact monty williams can't say anything until doctors finish running tests is never a good sign!
12 teams 9 cat pg,sg,g,f,sf,pf,c,c,u,u 6bench 1ir
PGs-irving,conley,teague,j. jack
SG-bledsoe,korver,henderson,a. anderson
SF-iggy,s. williams
PF-millsap,amir
C-hawes,splitter,dalembert,olynyk,b.wright
dyrak
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: eric gordon injury status

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:20 pm

It's one of two things here:

1) The Hornets' medical team missed something in their initial diagnosis and now are trying to figure how to handle the much more disconcerting injury.

2) The Hornets are running a bunch of standard tests because they are about to ink EG to a large extension.

At first I was certain it was door #1, but after you examine how Monty Williams delivered the comments in the pre-game (jovial spirit) and his wording (I'd love to tell...), it doesn't connotate something ominous. Hope it's not my Hornet bias clouding my judgement but I think it's door #2.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby dyrak » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 pm

At first I was certain it was door #1, but after you examine how Monty Williams delivered the comments in the pre-game (jovial spirit) and his wording (I'd love to tell...), it doesn't connotate something ominous. Hope it's not my Hornet bias clouding my judgement but I think it's door #2.

I hope your right for two reasons,

1)I have him :-D

2)i would love to see him succeed free of injury rather than an injury riddled career
SF-iggy,s. williams
PF-millsap,amir
dyrak
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Man I hope this is wrong but I'm hearing he's looking at a fractured kneecap. :-o
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ding » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Would you try and trade Gordon before any news is offical?
Ding
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:07 pm

New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon said he is waiting to learn whether NBA commissioner David Stern will grant him a contract extension before Wednesday’s deadline.

Gordon’s agent, Rob Pelinka, has engaged in recent contract talks with the Hornets’ front office, but hasn’t received an official offer. Gordon told Yahoo! Sports on Monday night he was informed by Hornets general manager Dell Demps that Stern must decide whether to extend an offer. The NBA owns the Hornets. Gordon wants to re-sign with New Orleans, but is uncertain if or when Stern will reach out to him or Pelinka.

Gordon has played in only two games for the Hornets because of a bruised right knee. He averaged 21 points in the two games. Gordon said he was evaluated by a team-appointed doctor in New York on Monday, and was told his right knee had no structural damage. The doctor, Gordon said, recommended he return to basketball activities in three weeks.

“The doctor said my knee will be 100 percent sound with rest,” Gordon said.

Yahoo Sports

You just have to think A) Holy bank deposits, Batman! Stern is the decision-maker again! B) Do bone bruises really take 2 months to heal?
RedHopeful

Postby Yilun » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 am

Could it be a great time to buy low? hehe
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby dyrak » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Eric Gordon (knee) could miss as many as six weeks in his recovery process from what has been officially diagnosed as a knee contusion.

John Reid on Twitter

Reid is a reporter who is covering the Hornets. And the news gets better by the day...
SF-iggy,s. williams
PF-millsap,amir
dyrak
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Wonder what the issue is exactly but it can't be a simple knee contusion.
RedHopeful

Postby dyrak » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Eric Gordon (knee) is scheduled for another arthroscopic procedure and will be out for at least six more weeks.

-rotoworld

OK so now dumpsville, however, one would have to think Gordon comes back to put on a show at some point. The hornets and the league's front office desperately NEED Gordon back (even late) just to blow up on the court!! While fans watch Gordon go off for a few weeks, their memory of his wasted year will wash away. The league and the hornets will then attempt to justify the Chirs Paul trade only after we all witness how great Gordon can be. Gordon also needs to get on the court for his impending free agency. We might witness the perfect storm in fantasy playoffs with Gordon.

Of course after most of us held him half the year, some lucky stiff in the first/second round of the playoffs will grab him and reap all the reward...maybe!!!!
SF-iggy,s. williams
PF-millsap,amir
dyrak
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Next