Trade - Kaman, Gasol and Bynum for Okur, Iguodala, Davis - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade - Kaman, Gasol and Bynum for Okur, Iguodala, Davis

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Trade - Kaman, Gasol and Bynum for Okur, Iguodala, Davis

Postby pojax » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:28 am

You Give:
start entering player name...

Chris Kaman
Pau Gasol
Andrew Bynum

You Get:
Mehmet Okur
Andre Iguodala
Baron Davis

I am the Commish. Trade is between 2 Gm's.

League wants me to veto this deal as they think its hugely unfair. We are in h2h format.
12 team league. Please tell me how unfair this trade is.
pojax
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade - Kaman, Gasol and Bynum for Okur, Iguodala, Davis

Postby CatJ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Ouch, I really don't like to veto trades but this one is ... close to suspect.
Maybe ask the other GM why he accepted it first ...
CatJ
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby pojax » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:44 pm

As stated before the season started I will only REJECT the trade if i believe that COLLUSION is involved.

I know both Gm's clearly not collusion so i can't veto the trade. However I would hate for the league to be scrutinized because of a trade that gives a team such a big advantage long term!

What do you suggest I do?

Games have already been played with new players!
pojax
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby ggs » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:54 pm

pojax wrote:Games have already been played with new players!

too late for anything.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 133)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby pojax » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Here is the GM's reply when the league up roared over this trade:

"My team is not doing too well, I am losing every week. I am not even making wire moves, I look at stats every day and dream about the players I would like, then am upset when someone adds them. I am too afraid to drop a player for fear that someone will pick them up and god knows that wire trash will then turn into a beast and i will have lost out on that players potential. Well no more I have grown a pair and am ready to make bold moves. With great risk comes great reward

PS lets be honest I drafted all big men with the intention of making moves in the future to best suit my team. I didn't put any effort into a predraft strategy and this is what I do every year draft big men hold on too long then make a move at the end of the season and it is too little to late."

He continued in a later post to say

"its funny that everyone wanted some action on that trade but when I was sending out offers for the past two weeks, no one could even give me a reason as to why they didnt like a trade offer or give me a counter offer. I think Kapital K was one of the only people to respond and he said he was not looking to make a big trade, no trading partner there. Tmac only wants to make a trade that he proposes and is a total rape job, no partner there. Transformers didn't have the players I was looking for no trade there. Stones only has injured players no trade there. Toughs only said no to every trade no counters or why so who knows what he was looking for and I cant spend all season trying to make a trade with him. EJP had no players that i was interested in. Big DC is an absentee manager no trade happening in the near future. Hail to the king was not interested in trading either, so who is left Willie and smith and .... who cares You managers just want something for nothing. Brocko you wish you knew well for the last three week my updates have been, who wants a shitty big man, accepting Biendrins offers but i guess i should have sent you a personal email saying that or done a little more for you so you could do less?

EJP I am sorry for hating on your trades they just seem shitty and I am a hater too. But to everyone if you look at at last years stats the trade is close to even. So the first critic to silence will be Kapital K get in line haters I will be showing how it is done"

The problem is that the GM that got the good end of the deal is so powerful now i doubt he will lose!

What would you do as commish to make sure trades are fair in the future? There is no vetos in the league.
pojax
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Return to Commissioner's Corner