Redraft in a dynasty league: good or bad idea? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Redraft in a dynasty league: good or bad idea?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Redraft in a dynasty league: good or bad idea?

Postby jnormy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:27 pm

We have two new owners in a 20-team, H2H dynasty league. So at first the commissioner said we'd have a redraft in the offseason for the new owners only, since one of the available teams was considerably stronger than the other. I was a little hesitant but mostly ok with that, then a little awhile ago, the commissioner posted this message:

We will have a redraft next year for any team that wants to participate (ie. if you like your roster, you do not have to redraft). The two new teams will be in the draft either way. Any other replacement team that we may have will also be in redraft. Any other team that wants to be in draft, may.

Those teams in the redraft will also be in the annual 1-player draft. In order to determine their draft position, we use the draft positions of the teams that are in the pool. The person with last pick in redraft, gets the first of these positions in the 1-player draft, and so on.

Just wondering what people thought of this, and if there are any ramifications that need to be considered that might lead to issues. I like my team so I probably won't participate, but I don't think I agree with this... it seems counter to the whole dynasty concept. I want to keep an open mind, so I figured I'd check with the gurus at the Cafe before voicing my opinion.

Thanks!
jnormy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Redraft in a dynasty league: good or bad idea?

Postby reptar15 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:10 am

how many new managers are there?

I agree, an optional redraft defeats the entire purpose of the league.
Weekly 10 team h2h standard 9 cats

pg: lowry, conley, hill
sg: mathews, leonard
sf: durant, hayward,
pf: ibaka, millsap, ilyasova, markieff morris
c: gortat, chandler, valanciunas, robin lopez
reptar15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby anf1892 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 am

Hi, i am new comer here.
I thinktobacco pipes torontois a best brand.
tobacco pipe shop is a good place to buy Loophinpipe.
I need smokers pipe urgently.
Today i buy a cool tobacco pipesonline.
I want to know who likeblack tobacco pipe?
anf1892
Towel Boy

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:49 am

Redrafting for the new guys is fine, especially if the teams are unbalanced. An all-comers redraft is a more serious deal. It might be a good thing if there are a lot of unbalanced teams and a lot of managers losing interest early in the season. It does kin of defeat the purpose of a dynasty league but sometimes these things need freshening up. I wouldn't worry about it if you generally like the league and the other managers.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby cnote23 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:57 pm

I agree with redrafting between those two new teams it's more fair that way as long as the league agrees with you.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby Muharem23 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:10 pm

So hold on... If I'm understanding right, does this mean you MUST keep players?

If so I completely disagree....

In the leagues I run keepers are optional. If you don't like your team you can blow up your team (kind of like Orlando did in real life this last week) and draft from scratch. Rookies should be added to the general draft pool and thus when people decide not to keep any players at all from last year (bad teams will want to do that) they'd draft first.

Let me give you an example of how this situation played out in one of my leagues...

- We had 20 teams .... Ten teams that didn't make the league got replacement owners.

- We were allowed to have 10 keepers. Naturally the strong teams selected 9 or 10 keepers.

- The bad teams/replacement owners, some of them traded away their assets for a fewer amount of strong and young talented players (2-for-1, 3-for-1 trades) and are going into the draft with 5/6 keepers only. Some of them won't keep any at all ... They'll completely redraft.

- The less keepers they have the higher their chances at price rookies like Davis and Kidd-Gillchrist... Some of them will still be bad next season but they'll have talents to propel them in the years after that...
Commissioner of all "Super ... Hardcore" fantasy leagues.
I have dibs on Lakers in NBA 2K13!!!
Muharem23
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Commissioner's Corner