Trade Analysis? Iguodala/Humphries 4 Carmelo and jason Terry - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade Analysis? Iguodala/Humphries 4 Carmelo and jason Terry

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Trade Analysis? Iguodala/Humphries 4 Carmelo and jason Terry

Postby Linsanity » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:25 am

I'm in a standard 10 team 9 category head to head league. I have lebron and a bunch of good centers, I just traded away Iguodala and Kris Humphries for Carmelo and Jason Terry. What are y'alls thoughts??
Linsanity
Towel Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Trade Analysis? Iguodala/Humphries 4 Carmelo and jason T

Postby Caciques » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 pm

It depends on what your needs are really. You received the best player in the deal in Carmelo Anthony. I love Igoudala as a player, but if you needed scoring then he won't come close to matching Melo as far as points are concerned. Carmelo is at least as good of a rebounder and can add in a couple of assists as well. You lose some rebounds by trading away Humphries, but you seem confident in your depth at C to cover rebounds. Jason Terry is meh. He could be a solid contributer, but if Humphries reverts to his averaging a double double form you received the 1st and 4th best players in the deal, which is perfectly acceptable (even more so if you traded out of a strength to fill a need, which it sounds like you did). I'm a believer in trying to always get the best player in the deal, so good deal for me.
Caciques
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Analysis? Iguodala/Humphries 4 Carmelo and jason T

Postby ggs » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:00 am

in a ten-team you want to consolidate talent, and you've done that here by getting melo. i'd look to upgrade JET as i dont really like his situation in boston.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Commissioner's Corner