Derrick Rose Injury - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Derrick Rose Injury

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Derrick Rose Injury

Postby chriscaparas » Wed May 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Worth keeping? He could be out for at least a year. What yall think?
chriscaparas
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Derrick Rose Injury

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Yeah, but it also depends on your format, especially how many keepers you can actually keep and what your other options are.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby hi chi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Yeah, it really depends on what else you have and the format of how many keepers you get. In my main keeper, we reduced our keepers to 4 for this year to even out some things in the league. Knowing I had Rose to fall back on, I traded CP3 for Wall, Noah, and a roster fill thinking I would be set at PG with a Wall/Rose combo. The trade helped me get to my league championship with the depth it gave me, but am kicking myself now. I am leaning towards not keeping Rose and trying to grab him back at some point in the draft (keeping Lebron, Horford, Wall, Noah in this league...I think).
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 132)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Derrick Rose has heard the talk that he would be better off sitting out the entire season to recover from knee surgery, but the Chicago Bulls star said he will return when he is "ready to play."

Former NBA All-Star point guard Tim Hardaway, who suffered a torn ACL in 1993 that kept him out of the following season, was one of those voices, recently telling ESPNNewYork.com that Rose should not play at all during the 2012-13 season.

"Everybody has their own opinions," Rose said in an interview Oct. 1 with ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "When the time comes I just have to be ready and prove to the people here that I am ready to play. Who knows when that time is? If it's all year I might wait the whole year, so what? If I come back at the All-Star (break), so what?

"If anything, I think I've learned it's going to help me with my patience. I think I'm way more patient."

ESPN

No surprise. Wonder when Luol Deng shuts it down. O:-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 pm

RedHopeful wrote:No surprise. Wonder when Luol Deng shuts it down. O:-)

Right after he's done dominating the preseason I'd guess. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:04 am

DRose just passed 7-month mark from surgery. Rubio returned just shy of 9 months from his. Bulls preach patience.

“I don’t think (Rubio's return) has really anything to do with Derrick because I think each guy is different and separate,” coach Tom Thibodeau said. “But I’m happy to see it for him. Ricky is a terrific player. And you hate to see anybody go down with that type of injury.

“Derrick is doing fine. We just have to be patient and let him keep doing the things he’s doing.”

Thibodeau said DRose remains "a ways" away from practicing. The Bulls gave an eight- to 12-month timeline following his May 12 surgery and is on record as saying they will take a conservative approach. about 5 hours ago

-From KC Johnson's Twitter
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:33 am

Rose is on the bench for the first time this season in street clothes. That has to be a good sign.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:14 pm

silentjim wrote:Rose is on the bench for the first time this season in street clothes. That has to be a good sign.

More than a couple of my teams are eagerly awaiting his return! :-L
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)

Postby PatriotsGirl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Can't believe he's still not back yet. :~(

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... ure-return
PatriotsGirl
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Montgomery » Thu May 09, 2013 9:43 am

This is called "Griefing," and it's the gaming equivalent of Internet trolling. Griefers are just out for negative attention, and you give them what they're looking for if you interact with them. Don't get emotionally invested in what's happening and simply try to ignore it.
Montgomery
Towel Boy

Return to Injuries & Player Updates